If you watched last night's game

JÂy RÛßeÒ

What do you think of defensive battles like the Jags/Stillers game?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of defensive battles like the Jags/Stillers game?

• I Love great defensive football - that's how it's meant to be played!
    • If I wanted to see low scores I'd watch soccer - it's all about scoring baby!

If the scoring had been due to offensive ineptness it would have been dull.

But it was a nasty physical streetbrawl between two teams with great defenses that genuinely dislike each other. That made it good stuff in my book.

But it was a nasty physical streetbrawl between two teams with great defenses that genuinely dislike each other. That made it good stuff in my book.

780175[/snapback]

Well said.

780175[/snapback]

I'll third that. Man they we're hitting each other hard last night. Esp. wr's going up for passes

It seemed to me that Jacksonville must've hacked into the Steelers radio calls to the QB because at least one defender was always RIGHT THERE whenever a runner or receiver got the ball.

Agree tho - it was fun to watch. Reminded me of the 2000 season opener between the Bills & Titans.

I'll third that. Man they we're hitting each other hard last night. Esp. wr's going up for passes

780182[/snapback]

Faneca in a phonebooth with those two nasty DT's was some fierce fighting too.

Agree tho - it was fun to watch. Reminded me of the 2000 season opener between the Bills & Titans.

An excellent parallel. I'm surprised you recall it as that was teh day you don't remember meeting me briefly. :angry:

I'm really impressed with Matt Jones, too. I can only imagine how scary the guy would be if he had a more prolific passer throwing to him, not that Leftwich ball is chopped liver.

I've seen both of their games so far, and those two have a chance to be something really special this year.

I'm really impressed with Matt Jones, too. I can only imagine how scary the guy would be if he had a more prolific passer throwing to him, not that Leftwich ball is chopped liver.

I've seen both of their games so far, and those two have a chance to be something really special this year.

780195[/snapback]

I drafted him for my fantasy team because I thought the same thing, but I've been a little annoyed to see the Jags running an awful lot of sets without Jones even being on the field. :angry:

780175[/snapback]

What he said :angry:

I absolutly loved the game last night . A defensive struggle at its best mixed in by just enough offense for the jags to prevail. Hard hitting all around. Donovan Darius is a fun safety to watch he was looking to just kill people last night, and rashean mathis is proving once again hes one of the best corners no ones heard of. The jags defense all around smothered the steelers. Only one drive past the midfield for pitt and that came in the 1st quater, no runs over 8 yards no 30 yard drives. It was also good to see tough hard running out of fred taylor. The Jags d looked phenomanal, but if they want to go deep into the playoffs assuming they get there they need fred taylor to stay healthy. Easier said then done.

I drafted him for my fantasy team because I thought the same thing, but I've been a little annoyed to see the Jags running an awful lot of sets without Jones even being on the field.  :angry:

780199[/snapback]

I don't get that either....the guy clearly has position on the defender every single time they go to him, and he seems to catch just about everything they throw to him. He's an interestign player, though....I enjoy watching him on that offense.

Faneca in a phonebooth with those two nasty DT's was some fierce fighting too.

An excellent parallel. I'm surprised you recall it as that was teh day you don't remember meeting me briefly.  :angry:

780192[/snapback]

I stopped drinking when the game started :angry:. I also have the game on tape :angry: