Going to Cleveland

meazza

• 1 month later...

I was in the Fury on the Erie for about 36 hours. I had a great time, but it was more a function of seeing old friends than anything else. I went to a house party Saturday night. We had a band and the cops showed up. The lead singer had a best line: "Who ordered the stripper?" ;) It was a great party, and I managed to win $200 in a raffle, which was gravy.

Sunday we got downtown around 1 PM. We first ventured into Panini's but that place was PACKED. We moved over to Tequila Ranch to watch the early games. You know those Budweiser girls that have the promotions? Well, one of my buddies is dating one, so we pretty much drank for free. Bonus!

We had decent seats at the game (endzone under cover), but there were a few knuckleheads that insisted on standing the whole game. The Broncos D has the ability to make the best game on the planet seem boring. I swear I saw an ad on the Jumbotron that said, "This game brought to you by Sominex."

After the game we went back over to the bar to watch the WS. Then home.

So, to answer the original question, what is there to do in Cleveland. The answer: Drink. QED

0:)

Too bad, last time I was there about 7 years ago the flats were great.  We had a blast bar-hopping and taking the water taxi across the river.  Oh well.

815664[/snapback]

He's right...the Flats are dead. There is a proposal for new housing, shopping, and clubs, but right now it's stalled b/c the property owners don't want to sell.

You can find bars and clubs everywhere. If you think you'll never get back to Ohio, why not see something that you'll never see anywhere else....the Pro Football of Fame?

It's in Canton, about 55 miles from Cleveland. Well worth the hour drive IMHO

You can find bars and clubs everywhere. If you think you'll never get back to Ohio, why not see something that you'll never see anywhere else....the Pro Football of Fame?

It's in Canton, about 55 miles from Cleveland. Well worth the hour drive IMHO

815895[/snapback]

Yeah, that's what we're doing. We wanted to go see Ohiostate but they aren't playing then.

Yeah, that's what we're doing.  We wanted to go see Ohiostate but they aren't playing then.

815995[/snapback]

I think you're going the week after the Michigan game, right?

Perfect time to see the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Beware though, I-77 north of Canton has been under construction for about the last five years...but they finally finished the part directly opposite the HOF. About a mile to the south, however, it's still all torn up.