I hate the Jucking Fets.

Can you guys help me hate the Jets?  Never been able to do it.  Do you have to live in Long Island at some point in your life?

780111[/snapback]

A loss to the Jets puts us at 1-2 overall and 1-2 in the AFC East...good enough?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A loss to the Jets puts us at 1-2 overall and 1-2 in the AFC East...good enough?

780115[/snapback]

I know I know. But I go to that Landing Strip message board that was linked the other day (and I've visited there for a few years) and their fans on average seem to be surprisingly informed. Also, they have that gullible optimism about them like they think they're a playoff team, but not in a cocky way. And they say stuff like "this could be a tough game" or "we always have trouble at their place"....as if a franchise with such a sorry history should consistently beat a team on the road....and they do all of this without the NYC arrogance that Giants fans seem to have. I dunno, I kinda like Jets fan. :angry:

....and they do all of this without the NYC arrogance that Giants fans seem to have.  I dunno, I kinda like Jets fan.  :angry:

780147[/snapback]

I take it you've never met any at the stadium, then...

So whose fault is the safety this time?

779624[/snapback]

Jauron takes it on purpose late because he still has 91 points left to play with.

And I don't expect Mangini will pull a Mularkey and abandon the run in the second half.

Actually in the 3rd quarter the phish called twice as many run plays as they did pass plays. Remember, just because 50 pinheads keep screaming about something doesn't make it true. :angry:

Actually in the 3rd quarter the phish called twice as many run plays as they did pass plays. Remember, just because 50 pinheads keep screaming about something doesn't make it true.  :angry:

780156[/snapback]

Just out of curiosity, do you count Culpepper's 3rd-and-8 scramble as a called running play? I see 4 handoffs in 7 plays in that quarter.

(Not that it matters much, since the line wasn't blocking either runs OR passes for s&$! at that point...)

Just out of curiosity, do you count Culpepper's 3rd-and-8 scramble as a called running play? I see 4 handoffs in 7 plays in that quarter.

(Not that it matters much, since the line wasn't blocking either runs OR passes for s&$! at that point...)

780169[/snapback]

No I considered it a pass play.

I only counted 4 runplays and two pass plays.

No I considered it a pass play.

I only counted 4 runplays and two pass plays.

780172[/snapback]

Their third possession started just before the end of the 3Q. That's where my count diverges from yours, then. Okeydokey....

Their third possession started just before the end of the 3Q. That's where my count diverges from yours, then. Okeydokey....

780176[/snapback]

Doh, didn't see they got off a Ronnie Brown screen on the last play of the 3rdqrtr. Oh well, that's almost the same as a run. :angry:

Jauron takes it on purpose late because he still has 91 points left to play with.

Actually in the 3rd quarter the phish called twice as many run plays as they did pass plays. Remember, just because 50 pinheads keep screaming about something doesn't make it true.  :angry:

780156[/snapback]

Right, but if you run your horse who just plowed for about 70 yards on 13 carries but TWICE in the second half, I think criticism is warranted.

Right, but if you run your horse who just plowed for about 70 yards on 13 carries but TWICE in the second half, I think criticism is warranted.

780221[/snapback]

They were also running Suggs in the 3rd quarter and didn't go to the pass happy offense until they were down 16-0 in the 4th. I just don't thining running more than passing in the 3rdqrtr when down two scores warrants criticism. And I don't think going to a pass heavy offense in the 4th when you're down 16-0 warrants criticism. And certainly not some of the silliness we've been witness to the past few days.

I'm going to get off this now before I either hijack Joe's Jest thread or become a 1topic poster.

This is going to be a close game, closer than I think a lot of people are saying it will be. As a Jets fan that grew up in Buffalo, I still follow both teams like they are my favorite...The Jets are coming off of a great 2nd half of football against the Pats where a couple of big plays for them almost got them back in it. A great play by Cotchery, Interception, Great play by Coles, Sack Brady and recover a Fumble, Field Goal, and then a blocked Field Goal that led to a drive that just ran out of time. This IS NOT your Herman Edwards' led Jets squad...Eric Mangini has these boys playing with heart, and they will be in high gear until the final whistle blows.

Buffalo MUST get to Chad quickly to get this game going in their favor. He has a quicker release than ever this year, and is probably playing the smartest football of his life. The Jets' "Dink and Dunk" style will play to their advantage with the very fast recievers that are good at making people miss, as you could all see in the highlights of the Pats game. The Jets have NO RUNNING GAME AT ALL, which should make the Bills objective simple. Get to Chad, Win the Game.

On the other hand, if the Jets shut down McGahee, which is something they have had a lot of trouble with in recent history (as well as with every other back they have played this year), they will win this game hands down. I don't think JP has the ability to take over a game and win it if he is forced to throw 25 or 30 times. Under that kind of pressure, I think he will buckle and make some mistakes that will cost Buffalo the game.

My prediction is Jets 17, Bills 13.

This is going to be a close game, closer than I think a lot of people are saying it will be.  As a Jets fan that grew up in Buffalo, I still follow both teams like they are my favorite...The Jets are coming off of a great 2nd half of football against the Pats where a couple of big plays for them almost got them back in it.  A great play by Cotchery, Interception, Great play by Coles, Sack Brady and recover a Fumble, Field Goal, and then a blocked Field Goal that led to a drive that just ran out of time.  This IS NOT your Herman Edwards' led Jets squad...Eric Mangini has these boys playing with heart, and they will be in high gear until the final whistle blows.

Buffalo MUST get to Chad quickly to get this game going in their favor.  He has a quicker release than ever this year, and is probably playing the smartest football of his life.  The Jets' "Dink and Dunk" style will play to their advantage with the very fast recievers that are good at making people miss, as you could all see in the highlights of the Pats game.  The Jets have NO RUNNING GAME AT ALL, which should make the Bills objective simple.  Get to Chad, Win the Game.

On the other hand, if the Jets shut down McGahee, which is something they have had a lot of trouble with in recent history (as well as with every other back they have played this year), they will win this game hands down.  I don't think JP has the ability to take over a game and win it if he is forced to throw 25 or 30 times.  Under that kind of pressure, I think he will buckle and make some mistakes that will cost Buffalo the game.

My prediction is Jets 17, Bills 13.

780233[/snapback]

You can say a lot of things about Herm Edwards, but his teams lacking heart I don't think is one of them (if that was the implication).

I do think it's a little ridiculous that people here are talking blowout. But I do think it's a good matchup for us. Clearly, our defense has a lot of strengths, with a weakness of bulk up front stopping the run. Seems like the Jets don't really have the rushing attack to exploit this.

On the other side, they have a tough time vs. McGahee as you pointed out. It'll be interesting to see what the Jets do defensively. For the last 3 years I've been amazed at the Jets apparent refusal to put more than 7 in the box when throwing was clearly our weakness offensively....whether it be JP, Holcomb, or Bledsoe under center, and Henry or McGahee in the backfield.

They were also running Suggs in the 3rd quarter and didn't go to the pass happy offense until they were down 16-0 in the 4th. I just don't thining running more than passing in the 3rdqrtr when down two scores warrants criticism. And I don't think going to a pass heavy offense in the 4th when you're down 16-0 warrants criticism. And certainly not some of the silliness we've been witness to the past few days.

I'm going to get off this now before I either hijack Joe's Jest thread or become a 1topic poster.

780230[/snapback]

Maybe not in the 4th, Simon, but in the 3rd? When you're just getting demolished by the pass rush and Ronnie Brown is ripping for a first down on every other carry? Two scores is nothing, we saw that last year. I'm sure Mularkey can design good plays, but I don't think he knows how to draw them to best suit his players and put inexperienced players in a position to succeed. And he definitely doesn't know how to stick with what works.

Awww the hell with Joe. He hates me anyways and is going to be pissed off whether I stop now or not so I might as well be polite and respond. :angry:

Maybe not in the 4th, Simon, but in the 3rd? When you're just getting demolished by the pass rush and Ronnie Brown is ripping for a first down on every other carry?

I'm not sure what this means. Are you saying that it wasn't that bad for them to go pass heavy in the 4th but that it was bad in the 3rd because Brown was still ripping off yardage?

You can say a lot of things about Herm Edwards, but his teams lacking heart I don't think is one of them (if that was the implication). 

780249[/snapback]

I will agree with that. However, I was implying more that the Herm-led Jets were less apt to come back when they got down. His playcalling is just way too conservative, and I think it is proving itself to be true in KC this year.

The Jets I'm sure will try to get the run going early, and it will be key for Buffalo to shut them down out of the gate...the Jets have had NO rushing attack, but it doesn't mean that Barlow, Blaylock, Houston, Washington, or even Brad Smith don't have the ability to put together a big game. If Buffalo shuts the door on the running game early, like Tennessee and NE did against them, it will force Chad to throw 40 times again this week...Not that it has been a a bad thing, since he has thrown for 650 yards and 4TD (with one meaningless Hail Mary INT).

It is going to be a tough week for me overall, even moreso than usual. I watch the games as the only Jets fan in a family of Buffalo-born, Die Hard Bills fans. I'm talking parents that were 17-year season ticket holders. It is easier now that I am older, and married and out of the house, but for these two weeks a year, My Dad and I have a great time watching the game and jawing at each other...It will be especially hard this week, because I have McGahee on my fantasy team...

Ah well...I will get through this week, and next week I will get on with cheering both of my football teams on.

Awww the hell with Joe. He hates me anyways and is going to be pissed off whether I stop now or not so I might as well be polite and respond.  :angry:

I'm not sure what this means. Are you saying that it wasn't that bad for them to go pass heavy in the 4th but that it was bad in the 3rd because Brown was still ripping off yardage?

780266[/snapback]

I'm saying merely that down 16 in the third is not quite time to abandon the run if it's the one thing that's succeeding in your offensive gameplan. It might take the pressure off the passing game and allow it to do something. And when you are running, play your best cards. Brown is that card for Miami.

By the fourth, it's time to air it out and see if you can't pick up the big yardage quickly.

I will agree with that.  However, I was implying more that the Herm-led Jets were less apt to come back when they got down.  His playcalling is just way too conservative, and I think it is proving itself to be true in KC this year.

780271[/snapback]

Maybe...

The Chiefs talent level at the QB/OL positions has taken a huge downward spiral though, and they didn't fare too badly in Denver for a team that was supposed to get killed.

Also, you can fill about 3 CD's worth of games in the last 5 years of games where teams "almost" came back against the Patriots, so I don't know how much stock I put into last week's ultimately unsuccessful rally, however admirable it may have been.

I'm saying merely that down 16 in the third is not quite time to abandon the run if it's the one thing that's succeeding in your offensive gameplan

Actually they didn't. In the 3rd quarter they ran the ball more than they threw it. In fact their last possession of the 3rdqrtr was 3 straight runs, the last being Ronnie Brown over RT for no gain which then forced the punt that the Bills blocked.

All the hollering about miami abandoning the run in the 2nd half has been incorrect.