Please Help! Need advice on fantasy trade

DreamOnDan

It seems like our league is dominated by recieving. My biggest problem has been inconsistentcy at my WR position. I'm about to shore this up with a trade that I don't think can be refused. But I would like all of you guys to help me out by telling me if you would offer this trade. First I will list our Teams players to give you a feel for what is going down. My team is as folows: D McNabb, J Plummer at QB C Portis, D McCallister, T Henry at RB E Moulds, R Gardner, P Price at WR E Johnson, B Williams at TE A vinateri, M Gramatica at K and the Raiders and Cardinals at D/ST His Team is as follows: Joey Harrington, Ben Rothlisberger at QB L Tomlinson, Aarron Stecker, Derrick Blaylock at RB Terrell Owens, Jerry Porter, and Koren Robinson at WR Tony Gonzales and I Mili at TE Vanderjact, and Janikowski at K and the Broncos and Buccs on D/ST OK this is the only team in our league that is seriously hurting at QB and RB which are my deepest positions. Since he is deep at the wr position I have considered offering this trade Jake Plummer, Travis Henry, and Peerless Price for Ben Rothlisberger, Derrick Blaylock, and Terrell Owens I would then cut Blaylock and pick up Stephen Davis, Emmitt Smith, or Michael Pittman who are all free agents. Then I would drop Rothlisberger and pick up Kurt Warner at QB. So would you offer the trade?

If those of you don't think that He will accept the trade please tell me if I could offer something else to acquire TO, McCallister is supposed to play next week what if I offered Plummer McCallister and Price or Garndner for TO? He would have the insurence to take it having Stecker on the bench

If those of you don't think that He will accept the trade please tell me if I could offer something else to acquire TO,  McCallister is supposed to play next week what if I offered Plummer McCallister and Price or Garndner for TO?  He would have the insurence to take it having Stecker on the bench

56035[/snapback]

Don't trade Duece. Try the first trade. If he doesn't bite, than work a trade for K. Robinson. TO would be great, but if you give him one of your stud RBs, you are left relying on TH. As the Bills are finding out, that is not a good position to be in.

I guess that this shows that I am a rookie, I thought like I said that this is a deal that he couldn't refuse. OK what if I offer Portis, Price, and Plummer for Big Ben, Stecker, and TO. then would he do it? Oh yeah, would my team improve?

I guess that this shows that I am a rookie, I thought like I said that this is a deal that he couldn't refuse.  OK what if I offer Portis, Price, and Plummer for Big Ben, Stecker, and TO.  then would he do it?  Oh yeah, would my team improve?

56092[/snapback]

Plumer is a throw away...he shouldn't even be on your roster. Price sucks, easily replaceable. So you are essentially trading Portis for TO and a couple of backups (remember that Stecker is going back to the bench). Based on the performance the past few weeks, yeah, I might do that. Again, if you can work a trade to bring TO or KR in without losing Portis or McAlister, you'd be in great shape. But if not, go for it.

Plumer is a throw away...he shouldn't even be on your roster.  Price sucks, easily replaceable.  So you are essentially trading Portis for TO and a couple of backups (remember that Stecker is going back to the bench).  Based on the performance the past few weeks, yeah, I might do that.  Again, if you can work a trade to bring TO or KR in without losing Portis or McAlister, you'd be in great shape.  But if not, go for it.

56106[/snapback]

Plummer may be a throw away to you and I but the fact is, he has played good all year and under Shannahan he has been a top ten QB. Far better than Joey Harrington and Big Ben combined.

Plumer is a throw away...he shouldn't even be on your roster.  Price sucks, easily replaceable.  So you are essentially trading Portis for TO and a couple of backups (remember that Stecker is going back to the bench).  Based on the performance the past few weeks, yeah, I might do that.  Again, if you can work a trade to bring TO or KR in without losing Portis or McAlister, you'd be in great shape.  But if not, go for it.

56106[/snapback]

Trying to get KR is a good point. By trading for TO, you are trying to get who is arguably the best player in the game right now, and I doubt he would trade him for anyone. You can start out by offering for TO, with the actual goal of "negotiating down" to end up with KR. I think you may have to end up including Deuce, but try involving Henry and/or Moulds first.