(lamp)that guy Colston who sunk the Pack?

jester43

I am coming out of hibernation to crow...Marques Colston of the Saints, who caught the winning TD vs. Green Bay, is one of my favorite former students at Susquehanna Twp. H.S. in Harrisburg PA. I am so proud of that guy!

He used to show up in our weight room between semesters...getting bigger and bigger every time I saw him. But he was quiet as a mouse...a big puppy dog just like his dear old dad, who was one of the most wonderful youth track coaches I ever met, until he tragically died when Marques was a kid.

Honestly I thought he was just too timid to ever make it big...I remember how he kept telling me his goal was to get drafted, and I thought...man, i don't know buddy...I am so happy I don't know sh-- about football!

Seriously, if he keeps it up, yu will read more and more about him in the coming weeks. But I just want you all to know that when you read about what a shy modest humble guy he is, it's not b.s. He really is the antithesis of what the "modern" nfl receiver is supposed to be...trust me when I say you'd have been proud to have him in our colors.

ps...i am telling the above story a LOT today, not only because I am very proud, but because Marques is hot news in my new home, WISCONSIN.

That's awesome, what a sense of pride. I too have a student that's in the NFL now. Not that I'm neccesarily proud of him. Antonio Cromartie, I had him his senior year, and he rarely had his HW, in fact, was usually absent, out with his football buddies in a year long celebration of senioritis. He left FSU early, and went in the 1st round, so good for him. But he's not the most educated kid.

That's awesome, what a sense of pride. I too have a student that's in the NFL now. Not that I'm neccesarily proud of him. Antonio Cromartie, I had him his senior year, and he rarely had his HW, in fact, was usually absent, out with his football buddies in a year long celebration of senioritis. He left FSU early, and went in the 1st round, so good for him. But he's not the most educated kid.

779615[/snapback]

Hows your other buddy Fred Rouse doing? I forget, was he kicked off the team before or after him and aj nicholson robbed lorenzo booker?

779615[/snapback]

Cough cough FERPA cough cough...

Hows your other buddy Fred Rouse doing? I forget, was he kicked off the team before or after him and aj nicholson robbed lorenzo booker?

779637[/snapback]

Perfect example of pissing away good talent. His Sr. year of high school ESPN Magazine interviewed him about becoming the first to try to go straight to the NFL out of HS. Dumbass couldn't even keep his sh*t straight for one year.