Roscoe Parrish

Dawgg

You are the only person alive on this planet or any other that thinks the jury is WAAAAAAY out on Mularkey.

Ahhh yes, yet another wild pronouncement with no basis in reality.

But yeah, I'm the one who's delusional. :doh:

Reality would like new counsel.

Gee imagine you showing up in a thread about mindless parrots who can't think for themselves. The irony is too rich too bear.

Thats all pretty funny simon because the way I remember it, down here in stiller land, mikey was going to be replaced

That is pretty funny, cuz in this part of Stillerland he coached P'burgh up to being a Top5 NFL offense in 2 of his 3 years as coordinator. I'm sure the Rooney's were eager to replace them as they've long been the type of owners who switch out coaches at the drop of a hat. :lol:

Lets just ignore the little fact that Cowher was going to fire Mularkey and promote Whisenhunt

You may want to reconsider your definition of what constitutes a "fact" and what constitutes specualtion with no basis in reality or history.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhh yes, yet another wild pronouncement with no basis in reality.

But yeah, I'm the one who's delusional.  :doh:

Gee imagine you showing up in a thread about mindless parrots who can't think for themselves. The irony is too rich too bear.

That is pretty funny, cuz in this part of Stillerland he coached P'burgh up to being a Top5 NFL offense in 2 of his 3 years as coordinator. I'm sure the Rooney's were eager to replace them as they've long been the type of owners who switch out coaches at the drop of a hat.  :lol:

You may want to reconsider your definition of what constitutes a "fact" and what constitutes specualtion with no basis in reality or history.

778279[/snapback]

Actually, I, like Simon, think that the dumping on Mularkey has gotten way out of hand. This bespeaks a kind of insecurity and mob psychology more than any reasoned judgment. It's become a parroting of "conventional wisdom" that lost any amusement value a long time ago IMHO.

Actually, I, like Simon, think that the dumping on Mularkey has gotten way out of hand. This bespeaks a kind of insecurity and mob psychology more than any reasoned judgment. It's become a parroting of "conventional wisdom" that lost any amusement value a long time ago IMHO.

778287[/snapback]

PS: that also goes for dumping on TD and Bledsoe and various other ex-Bills. Just let it go, give credit where credit is due, and enjoy the team we have. No players or coaches or general managers in this game are either totally worthless or godlike.

778287[/snapback]

I don't base my opinons on what the collective minds of TBD think. I base it squarely off of watching 2 years of inept Bills football under the guidance of Mike Mularkey. Poor clock management, poor use of personnel, and the blatant inability to adjust to game conditions. When you are averaging almost 5 yards per carry in a 2 score game, you don't put your horse back in the stable, its ridiculous. Mularkey promises the world and then hands you a globe.

Ronnie Brown was ripping off 4-6 yards on every carry but Mularkey went to the pass almost the entire 2nd half

That is at best a myth and at worst a flat-out lie intended to support an erroneous preconceived notion.

It wasn't until the Bills went up 16-0 that miami abandoned a faltering running game and went to a pass heavy offense. Here is their last possession of the 3rd quarter, when they were down 13-0.:

1-10-MIA31 (3:54) L.Suggs right guard to MIA 37 for 6 yards (N.Clements).

2-4-MIA37 (3:26) L.Suggs right guard to MIA 40 for 3 yards (K.Williams).

3-1-MIA40 (2:51) R.Brown right tackle to MIA 40 for no gain (L.Fletcher-Baker).

4-1-MIA40 (2:02) D.Jones punt is BLOCKED by C.Wire, Center-J.Denney, RECOVERED by BUF-Andre.Davis at MIA 19. Andre.Davis to MIA 17 for 2 yards

Wow look at that idiot Mularkey abandoned the rungame down two scores late in the game!

Squawk...Mularkey is a meathead.....Squawk.....

If Mularkey had called that bubblescreen on firstdown from the 10(which is something he would have tried), this board would have been in a tizzy for 9 months.

778113[/snapback]

regardless of what mularkey may or may not have done in similar circumstances, i want to give credit to fairchild for one thing that he did early on. in the bills first drive (that put them up 3-0), they ran 3 times in a row after getting a first down inside the 20. they even ran a draw on 3rd and 11, which typically has almost no chance whatsoever of success because of the short field. anyway, when the bills got down there again in the third, miami was expecting a run, and the bills scored a remarkably easy TD on the losman pass to reed. the second one to parrish (called back, of course) was made easier by the fact that the bills had clearly committed to the run. it was good coaching strategy.

regardless of what mularkey may or may not have done in similar circumstances, i want to give credit to fairchild for one thing that fairchild did early. in the bills first drive (that put them up 3-0), they ran 3 times in a row after getting a first down inside the 20.  they even ran a draw on 3rd and 11, which typically has almost no chance whatsoever of success because of the short field. anyway, when the bills got down there again in the third, miami was expecting a run, and the bills scored a remarkably easy TD on the losman pass to reed. the second one to parrish (called back, of course) was made easier by the fact that the bills had clearly committed to the run. it was good coaching strategy.

778330[/snapback]

Which is something Mularkey CLEARLY had no commitment to. See: removing Willis on 3rd downs, abandoning the run at the half, alternately pulling losman out of and putting him back into games.

Which is something Mularkey CLEARLY had no commitment to. See: removing Willis on 3rd downs, abandoning the run at the half, alternately pulling losman out of and putting him back into games.

778337[/snapback]

So benching a QB who has just put together one of the worst three-game stretches in NFL history is an example of showing no commitment to the running game?

Huh?

JDG

That is at best a myth and at worst a flat-out lie intended to support an erroneous preconceived notion.

It wasn't until the Bills went up 16-0 that miami abandoned a faltering running game and went to a pass heavy offense. Here is their last possession of the 3rd quarter, when they were down 13-0.:

1-10-MIA31 (3:54) L.Suggs right guard to MIA 37 for 6 yards (N.Clements).

2-4-MIA37 (3:26) L.Suggs right guard to MIA 40 for 3 yards (K.Williams).

3-1-MIA40 (2:51) R.Brown right tackle to MIA 40 for no gain (L.Fletcher-Baker).

4-1-MIA40 (2:02) D.Jones punt is BLOCKED by C.Wire, Center-J.Denney, RECOVERED by BUF-Andre.Davis at MIA 19. Andre.Davis to MIA 17 for 2 yards

Wow look at that idiot Mularkey abandoned the rungame down two scores late in the game!

Squawk...Mularkey is a meathead.....Squawk.....

778316[/snapback]

Ronnie Brown had 2 carries in the second half....2 carries when the Bills were never more than 2 scores ahead. I'm not sure how I'm making that part up. Most of your posts in the past have been rational so I figured this could be a debate.....but sqwaking??? ok nice talking to ya

778287[/snapback]

Mularkey managed to ring up two incredibly embarassing losses in just two years as a Coach. That has to count for something....

JDG

So benching a QB who has just put together one of the worst three-game stretches in NFL history is an example of showing no commitment to the running game?

Huh?

JDG

778356[/snapback]

Yeah, I'm sure no other young QB has ever played so poorly. If coaches gave up on rookie/second year QB's like fans do there would next to no QB's that make it past their first year.

Lets just ignore the little fact that Cowher was going to fire Mularkey and promote Whisenhunt until TD made the job easy for Cowher.

Mularkey is sh--, plain and simple.

778269[/snapback]

While I have no idea if that's true or not, you can't deny the success the Steelers have had since Mularkey left. Could it be chalked up to new players? Possibly, but the style of offense always has a lot to do with it.

I don't think there is much denying that Mularky has a penchant for "trick" plays. He utilized multi-dimensional players such as Randle El and Ward. He also was a major part in the Steelers changing from a "smashmouth" style of offense to one that relied on trickery. One could argue he designed that type of offense for the players he had, but he also tried to utilize that same offense in Buffalo without those types of players.

Amazing how after he left Pittsburgh they went back to their traditional style and won another Super Bowl.

That is pretty funny, cuz in this part of Stillerland he coached P'burgh up to being a Top5 NFL offense in 2 of his 3 years as coordinator. I'm sure the Rooney's were eager to replace them as they've long been the type of owners who switch out coaches at the drop of a hat.  :doh:

778279[/snapback]

The way I see it is the Rooney's allow Cowher to deal with his asst. coaches and that is how mikey came to be hired.......as far as TD is concerned, wasn't this the crux of the fallout with regards to the chit canning of TD .........who was going to have final say on the asst. coaches.......

Cowher has had final say on asst. coaches for along time.......switching out coaches as needed.

I often see threads combined on TSW.  Can they be split?  I'd be interested in reading more about Parrish, but this has digressed into Mularkey Malarkey.

778414[/snapback]

You are correct and apologies for the hijacking.

I will cease and desist.

Isn't that because Fairchild has seemingly shown more ability to use players such as Parrish versus the way in which mularkey attempted to use them????And this after just 2 games.....Go figure.......:-)

778441[/snapback]

well, parrish was a rookie last year, and missed close to half of the season. so one can't really say that the coaches neglected to use him properly last year.

He also was a major part in the Steelers changing from a "smashmouth" style of offense to one that relied on trickery......Amazing how after he left Pittsburgh they went back to their traditional style and won another Super Bowl.

In both 2001 and 2002 Mulakrey's rushing offense finished in the Top 10 in the NFL, including being ranked #1 overall in 2001 when the Stillers ammased 580 rushing attempts (the #2 ranked team had 509).

Yeah Mike really got away from teh smashmouth while he was there. :doh:

Also quite a coincidence that they "went back" <chuckle> to their traditional style and won a SUperBowl shortly after hiring Dick Lebeau.

Keep on squawking puppet.....

Edit: Doh! Forgot this was the Roscoe thread. Sorry and I promise to quit now, regardless of what kind of lies and nonsense people continue to spread.

Edited by Simon