Duquesne Basketball

X. Benedict

Whatever you think liberal means, I don't think it means this.

778150[/snapback]

It certainly does. The feel-good, reputation, of the suppresion of base instincts has made blood flow. Do you think we are not selfish creatures, taking advantage if there is no fear of consequence?

Now we enjoy the age of crumbs like George Carlin, who let people know that etiquette and courtesy are laughable things, that belittlement and insult is "cool". Kick 'em in the rocks. The effect of obcenities and invectives are as clear now as it was in antiquity. And folks that resist such are currently roasted and ridiculed.

George et al, his acolytes, never understood and still do not, that the "rules" of society worked. Even though they selfishly gain from other people's indulgence. Nowadays, a pig such as Howard Stern is lauded. Most know that a society that is constantly "in one's face" causes myraid problems...

We are not here original in that view...

It certainly does. The feel-good, reputation, of the suppresion of base instincts has made blood flow. Do you think we are not selfish creatures, taking advantage if there is no fear of consequence?

Now we enjoy the age of crumbs like George Carlin, who let people know that etiquette and courtesy are laughable things, that belittlement and insult is "cool".  Kick 'em in the rocks. The effect of obcenities and invectives are as clear now as it was in antiquity. And folks that  resist such are currently roasted and ridiculed.

George et al, his acolytes, never understood and still do not, that the "rules" of society worked. Nowadays, a pig such as Howard Stern is lauded. Most know that a society that is constantly "in one's face" causes myraid problems...

We are not original in that view...

778232[/snapback]

Yeah...it's George Carlin's fault.

Now we enjoy the age of crumbs like George Carlin, who let people know that etiquette and courtesy are laughable things, that belittlement and insult is "cool".  Kick 'em in the rocks. The effect of obcenities and invectives are as clear now as it was in antiquity. And folks that  resist such are currently roasted and ridiculed.

George et al, his acolytes, never understood and still do not, that the "rules" of society worked. Nowadays, a pig such as Howard Stern is lauded. Most know that a society that is constantly "in one's face" causes myraid problems...

We are not original in that view...

778232[/snapback]

I understand where you are coming from, but isn't "Licentious" a better word for what you mean? I am quibbling of course - but unloading "liberal" for a shooting seems to suggest there is a broad based political movement that applauds this behavior.

(unless you do believe that there is a broad based political movement that supports this behavior.)

I understand where you are coming from, but isn't "Licentious" a better word for what you mean? I am quibbling of course - but unloading "liberal" for a shooting seems to suggest there is a broad based political movement that applauds this behavior.

(unless you do believe that there is a broad based political movement that supports this behavior.)

778253[/snapback]

No...licentious does not apply. There is no forethought.

The seven dirty words you say before you gun down a Div I basketball team?

778257[/snapback]

I could support seven dirty words about today's version of college b'ball. :doh:

Take my thoughts as coming from someone of age, and from someone who speaks a word about what is current popular convention and acceptance.

The best thing is that I am terribly wrong, stupid beyond belief, and over the hill.

Edited by stuckincincy

Which still doesn't link liberalism to shot basketball players.  :blush:

778535[/snapback]

I happen to think that yesteryear's application of a billy or cosh, granting that it was done in occasional error, had an overall - salutory - effect that may have stemmed a certain amount of the tide. The idea being similar to the old saw about the first kick of the mule being highly educational...

I can link liberalsim to a number of woes. But not tonight - soon making supper and then dozing by 9... :blink:

George et al, his acolytes, never understood and still do not, that the "rules" of society worked. Even though they selfishly gain from other people's indulgence. Nowadays, a pig such as Howard Stern is lauded. Most know that a society that is constantly "in one's face" causes myraid problems...

778232[/snapback]

Funny I was driving with my wife the other day and I saw some lady piloting a mini van of some kind with a vanity plate that said "talk2hand" or something like that. I said "Jesus, does everyone have to have attitude these days? Even middle aged soccer moms are in your face."

Class and consideration are so passe now. Not sure why you are on Sterns case though. Other than that im on your wavelength.

778232[/snapback]

What this nonsensical babbling has to do with the news story I haven't the foggiest idea.

Funny I was driving with my wife the other day and I saw some lady piloting a mini van of some kind with a vanity plate that said "talk2hand" or something like that. I said "Jesus, does everyone have to have attitude these days? Even middle aged soccer moms are in your face."

778890[/snapback]

I saw a tire cover that said

"I'm conceited and I got a reason to be"

This was airbrushed on the cover and I said to myself "self, WTF?"

It was some young girl but I still can't translate it into anything meaningful.

just some dumb ass young girl.