I am still waiting for Peter King's MMQB but he

ACor58

...still stuck in Nick Saban's @ss. And I quote (9/13/06):

Buffalo (0-1) at Miami (0-1)

I like the Bills a lot more than I thought I would. But if you think they're going to win at Nick Saban's house, after Saban limp-wristed the replay flag in the fourth quarter during the Pittsburgh loss and after the Dolphins have had three extra days to prepare, you're crazy.

Miami 16, Buffalo 14

I like the Bills a lot more than I thought I would. But if you think they're going to win at Nick Saban's house, after Saban limp-wristed the replay flag in the fourth quarter during the Pittsburgh loss and after the Dolphins have had three extra days to prepare, you're crazy.

Miami 16, Buffalo 14

777704[/snapback]

HAHAHA...too funny. I was just coming on to post the very same thing. It's so very very hard for Mr. King to type that he was wrong. My guess is that the delay is that he's justifying to his editor why he doesn't mention the game at all. 0:)

Miami 16, Buffalo 14

777704[/snapback]

Similar to Bill Simmons' pick in his ESPN Page 2 column. Quote:

DOLPHINS (-6.5) over Bills

Sorry, J.P. Losman isn't covering two straight games on the road. That's ridiculous.

Keep it up, boys. I LOVE it.

Here you go:

From a quick scan through:

NEW YORK -- Amani Toomer's IV bags. Tom Brady's voice. Buffalo's surprisingly Killer D. Rex Grossman playing superbly. Brett Favre's back-to-the-future day. Those are the Week 2 things that really stood out to me from my perch in the fifth-floor command center of NBC's Football Night in America and from a lot of phone calls afterward.

Buffalo might be a contender. The Bills have now beaten up the Patriots in one division road loss and embarrassed the Dolphins in a road win. The common element in both games: The Bills' defense is playoff caliber. "The NFL didn't do us any favors with the schedule,'' linebacker London Fletcher told me. "But you just play what the schedule says. Now at least I think we've shown that when you play us, it's going to be a long day.''

In eight quarters, Buffalo has not allowed a rushing touchdown and has 10 sacks and at least 12 additional quarterback pressures. Fletcher credits new defensive coordinator Perry Fewell's system. "Nothing against coach [Jerry] Gray's scheme, but there was so much in it,'' Fletcher said. "This is simpler. Not as much to think about, more reacting than thinking. It lets us cut loose and get to the quarterback.''

The "Fine Fifteen:"

13. Buffalo (1-1). Bills defensive end Ryan Denney, all 6-foot-7 and 275 pounds, will be a nightmare for Daunte Culpepper for a long time. Three sacks and several pressures do that.

Special Teams Player of the Week

Coy Wire, S, Buffalo. You can't block a punt much better than Wire did in the third quarter of the Bills' 16-6 win over Miami. He slithered through the line, burst into the backfield and smothered the punt. Beautiful, textbook example of what a smart special-teamer does to wreck a punt play -- and he did it against a coach, Nick Saban, who prides himself on kicking teams.

Top Ten Things I think...

8. I think this is what I liked about Week 2:

b. Buffalo's defense might be the real thing. The Bills were all over Daunte Culpepper.

Miami 16, Buffalo 14

777704[/snapback]

Saban is a legend to Peter King.

I did not realize coaches became legends in this idiot's eyes with a career 9-9 record in the NFL with zero playoff appearences.

And then there was this...

Daunte Culpepper is in trouble. I couldn't see it in the game against Pittsburgh, because he made some plays and got the offenses revved up two or three times during that one. When he stalled, I attributed it to first-game struggles. The Bills saw it differently. Troy Vincent, who got put on injured-reserve last week (even though he has only a two-week hamstring injury), studied the Bills with his mates all week. "Daunte's nowhere near as mobile as he used to be,'' Vincent told me. "And he's staring down his receivers. He gets a quick read, then he locks onto his guy. We knew if we could get to him consistently, he wouldn't be able to make the plays he wanted to.''

Seems Peter doesn't quite understand what happened here. Let me clarify...you have a GM and coaching staff who recognized the value in getting a very talented rookie on the field, and wanted to avoid the whole "you don't lose your job due to injury" arguement when Troy came back. Well played Marv...well played.

Miami 16, Buffalo 14

777704[/snapback]

At least he prefaced his nonsense by saying that he *kinda* liked the Bills. Most writers go out of their way to insult them before telling us why they won't win.

Special Teams Player of the Week

Coy Wire, S, Buffalo. You can't block a punt much better than Wire did in the third quarter of the Bills' 16-6 win over Miami. He slithered through the line, burst into the backfield and smothered the punt. Beautiful, textbook example of what a smart special-teamer does to wreck a punt play -- and he did it against a coach, Nick Saban, who prides himself on kicking teams.

While it was important, it was nowhere near as important as the virtually perfect game Brian Moorman had. You don't pin a team inside the 10 FOUR times in one game. It just doesn't happen. That was an absolute clinic.

While it was important, it was nowhere near as important as the virtually perfect game Brian Moorman had.  You don't pin a team inside the 10 FOUR times in one game.  It just doesn't happen.  That was an absolute clinic.

777755[/snapback]

But, but, Welker had that vicious block!

Has anybody told Greg Gumbell that the ball went out at the 1?  I still don't think he's realized it yet.

777813[/snapback]

Yeah, the only thing that would have made it better is if he had punctuated it with a "boom goes the dynamite!"

Has anybody told Greg Gumbell that the ball went out at the 1?  I still don't think he's realized it yet.

777813[/snapback]

That's what set me off. They replayed that stupid hit 3 or 4 times and then acted shocked when the Fins lined up at the one but never gave Moorman his due.

But, but, Welker had that vicious block!

777761[/snapback]

I know you are being sarcastic, but Welker was, by far, the best player on the Dolphins yesterday...he is starting to remind me more and more of Steve Tasker, every time I see him play...he scares me more than Daunte Culpepper....