(OFT) Movie Suggestion - New Releases

Infernal Affairs - saw it Saturday, not the best Hong Kong cop film I've ever seen (I'll give that nod to John Woos "Hard Boiled") and it's not as action packed as some, but the style and grace which the story is told was almost breathtaking. Check it out if you have a chance.

"Vanity Fair", based on the 19th century novel by Thackeray, starring Reese Witherspoon, was pretty good. Supurb dialogue, costumes and scenery.  Witherspoon was very evocative.

56284[/snapback]

not gonna lie, based on that description, I wouldnt go see that movie if you paid me, and there were real "happy endings" for everyone in the theater.

not gonna lie, based on that description, I wouldnt go see that movie if you paid me, and there were real "happy endings" for everyone in the theater.

56289[/snapback]

If you want a happy ending in a Reese Witherspoon movie,

I highly recommend Twilight. :(

I rented Swimming Pool yesterday. It was a mystery and it was a British movie. It also had a great deal of frontal nudity. I believe the version I got from Blockbuster was the unrated version. Good movie, even if you take out the nudity.

I rented Swimming Pool yesterday.  It was a mystery and it was a British movie.  It also had a great deal of frontal nudity.  I believe the version I got from Blockbuster was the unrated version.  Good movie, even if you take out the nudity.

56317[/snapback]

That's a french film (although with an English leading lady, Charlotte Rampling...the filmaker, Francois Ozon is French. And to be honest, with the exception of Ludivine Sagnier's breasts (just spectacular!) the film sucked...check out Ozon's infinately better Eight Women or Under the Sand.