When did London Fletcher

dib

Become London Fletcher-Baker?

That's how the Scum Sentinel is reporting it.

777615[/snapback]

You'll find ample threads to answer this one dib. It's along the lines of keeping a family name alive on his mum's side (?). His jersey will remain "Fletcher" though.

This summer. The Baker name was that of his grandfather. His Mom's name was Fletcher so that is the one he always has used.

He recently got married and his wife asked him what name to put on the wedding certificate as he has mused for a couple of years of changing his name to honor his Grandad and the wedding issue called the question.

He wishes to be known and referered to as Fletcher-Baker now and though it is a bit long to be used on jerseys and things and he gained celebrity as merely Fletcher the request seems generally to be honored by folks such as on the Bills official roster. After all, the absolute number of letters and 4 syllables is not atypically found amidst many Buffalo names.

After all, the absolute number of letters and 4 syllables is not atypically found amidst many Buffalo names.

777631[/snapback]

Indeed. There was a family of Szczepankiewicz-es at my high school. The funny thing is, probably 90% of Buffalonians can pronounce that name without any problem. I live in DC these days, and probably only about 2% of my neighbors could get it right.