The Bills staff OUTCOACHING their opponent

smokinandjokin

Great job this week by the staff. Jauron seemed to handle a potential mid-week scandal of 'cutting' Vincent and having his marquee player call out his decision. The team came in and looked as prepared as any Bills team I can remember. Even the playoff teams under Wade in the late-90's had to overcome some dubious coaching decisions.

I love the straight shooting to the media, not hiding the fact that we would be starting two rookie safeties and playing five rooks on defense most of the time. It is true, they say, "Here's what we're going to do, beat us if you can."

I love Fewell's gameplan with the d (getting pressure with the front four and not having to blitz makes a HUGE difference) and Fairchild had a simplistic approach which allowed JP to feel comfortable. I thought the play calls were indicative of the game situation. There was a point in the first half where they ran eight (!!!) straight times! And they went for a few big plays when they thought they had 'em. Special teams, like usual, kept the field position in the Bills' favor. The blocked punt was gravy.

Overall, I feel great about the win and this staff. I love the Miami fans booing, I love the boy-genius Saban looking like he wants to cry, and I most of all love the confused, head-scratching look on Mularkey's face. Beautiful.

Mularkey's staff did it a few times (the game in Seattle a couple years ago sticks out).  Most of the time they looked completely out of their element after halftime.

777531[/snapback]

That's true, Seattle did not know up from down in that game. They beat a talented team with a solid coach in their house, which is supposedly a tough place to play. Similar to the game yesterday (with Miami being a tough place to play because of the heat, not the lame-ass crowd.)

All of the Mularkey staff's cluster!@#$s after that game kinda clouded that one over for me.

I think this Bills team will show up prepared and play hard every week, which (sad to say) is refreshing. I don't think you will see this team completely give up in tough situations on the road, like they did in San Diego last year. They may lose games due to a talent difference on the field, but I don't see the coaching costing them 7-10 points per game as it has in the past.