Finally watching the game...

udonkey

That stupid ass baseball/football field.  Good thing that I know how the game ended, as I would've definitely been worried seeing Parrish fielding punts in the freaking Marlins' infield.

777270[/snapback]

I agree, I hate watching games when the baseball diamond is still uncovered.

I thought the Marlins were close to moving. No longer the case?

777292[/snapback]

Not really sure, to be honest. I would hope so though, cause I think dual purpose stadiums are crap. A dedicated baseball stadium is a much more authentic experience, IMO.

The Marlins aren't going anywhere. They pretended to be interested in San Antonio, but I think they were just getting the hopes up of the citizens of San Antonio. Its becoming a fun game the professional sports world is playing with this city. We roll out the red carpet for the Saints and try to jack them from NO, and then out of the blue the Marlins want to move here? Somewhere the commissioners of the major sports get together and laugh about this city and its people, maybe during an annual conference call?

In this era of big money with NFL, I think it is ludicrous that any team should have to play on that crap. This isn't the 1960's. I'm suprised there aren't more injuries because of the dirt.

The Marlins aren't going anywhere. They pretended to be interested in San Antonio, but I think they were just getting the hopes up of the citizens of San Antonio. Its becoming a fun game the professional sports world is playing with this city. We roll out the red carpet for the Saints and try to jack them from NO, and then out of the blue the Marlins want to move here? Somewhere the commissioners of the major sports get together and laugh about this city and its people, maybe during an annual conference call?

777387[/snapback]

Another tactic used by Jeffry Loria (sp?), the art dealer, was his fire sale which basically put the Mets in first place. He reduced his team to a $15mm payroll. His strategy was that if South Florida wasn't going to vote on a new stadium, he wasn't going to spend any more money on a team worth a damn. Unfortunately, hi s plan backfired because the club continues to put out good young players from their farm team. Expect them to compete for the division title next year with their sick young pitching staff five man deep. They are leased in that stadium until 2010.

The Dolphins will have to live with the dirt for four more years.