So...UB vs. #2 Auburn

duey

Oh dear God...this could get ugly.

777110[/snapback]

could get ugly? I don't think UB could cover the spread if they were given 40 points. That said, I might actually watch my first UB game in a few years since one of my buddies was the starting DT.

I'm thinking upset.

Or not...

777480[/snapback]

Oh yes...all us Bulls fans will certainly be upset by the 35-0 1st quarter score.

I love what Turner Gil has done with this team thus far...but sheesh...Auburn?!?! Now?!?! I hope the AD shows each player that big fat check the school is getting for this game. They're going to need all that money for ice, hot tubs and ace bandages! :lol::doh::lol::lol:

I hope the AD shows each player that big fat check the school is getting for this game.  They're going to need all that money for ice, hot tubs and ace bandages!  :w00t:  0:)  :(  :w00t:

777492[/snapback]

A week or so ago, a Cincy Enquirer sports opinion writer (Paul Doherty) in a rant against college football, mentioned the Bulls as more or less killing players for a paycheck. :D

A game like that could destroy a team. We did it some number of years ago, playing Miami with Edgerrin James. We had so few players by the half, a quarterbck who needed to intravenously given fluids to continue, and the team, which was quite good at the !-AA level, never recovered the rest of the season. Advice to Turner Gill. Get in, get out, and try to limit injuries.

A game like that could destroy a team.  We did it some number of years ago, playing Miami with Edgerrin James.  We had so few players by the  half, a quarterbck who needed to intravenously given fluids to continue, and the team, which was quite good at the !-AA level, never recovered the rest of the season.  Advice to Turner Gill.  Get in, get out, and try to limit injuries.

777628[/snapback]

He can start by kneeling three times and punting on offense. The defense is pretty much screwed.

He can start by kneeling three times and punting on offense. The defense is pretty much screwed.

778070[/snapback]

We're not taking any chances with kneeling. We're punting on first down when we get the ball.

And there's no way in hell we're going to try to catch it when they kick off or punt to us. Just let the ball land and hope to God no one gets hurt.

Nothing to lose...Score a TD and hold Auburn under 50 and it's a victory. It will all be small steps for UB. An interception, or a forced fumble, or a long kickoff return would all be good small steps. Any one of those would be something to build on.

Over/under on Kenny Irons rushing yards? 225?

UB has a lot of guts putting Auburn on the schedule.  My hats off to them.  If they can keep it within the spread, that would be an accomplishment.

I just hope that this game gives the program some positive exposure.

778462[/snapback]

They have the exposure already - a duckpin for hire, a willing whore for big programs that want early ranking. I'm sure they make sure the check clears before the halftime.

They have to do something to try to justify the taxpayer expenditure for their stadium... like cash in the kitty.

Their program should be lower than it is, that's obvious.

They have the exposure already - a duckpin for hire, a willing whore for big programs that want early ranking. I'm sure they make sure the check clears before the halftime.

They have to do something to try to justify the taxpayer expenditure for their stadium... like cash in the kitty.

Their program should be lower than it is, that's obvious.

778540[/snapback]

I can't say that Auburn was just looking for an early ranking with the schedule they have, I think they are looking for competing for the National Championship and last week's victory over then #6 LSU helped their cause, even if it was a mandatory conference matchup