Can I Start The 'Official' Game Thread?

true_blue_bill

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, it's simple Mike Mularkey football.  Abandon what's working.

775774[/snapback]

No doubt :unsure:

I like how Losman let loose of that pass to evans before Evans made his break to the outside....not a perfect pass, but still got the job done.

A 55 yarder with Olindo Mare kicking?   Not an entirely unreasonable call; Mare's as good a kicker from that distance as any in the league.  I've seen worse calls.

775782[/snapback]

really, when was the last time you seen Mare make a 55 yarder?

his previous long was a 54 yarder he made in '99

i find it funny you guys defending a play call that lost 3 yards

775779[/snapback]

Dude, you can't take it play by play.....sometims stuff works, sometimes it doens't. It's the attitude and the theory that's different from what we had the past few years. When Willis is tearing it up in ten yard increments, it's perfectly reasonable to keep pounding it away. When you can run all over a defense, you demoralize them. Willis had 49 yards in the first quarter....

i find it funny you guys defending a play call that lost 3 yards

775779[/snapback]

Yeah, because they called that play knowing it would lose three yards. They got to that point with six straight running plays. So they shouldn't have called a seventh because of the result that play got? Hindsight and foresight are actually two different things...

Dude, you can't take it play by play.....sometims stuff works, sometimes it doens't. It's the attitude and the theory that's different from what we had the past few years. When Willis is tearing it up in ten yard increments, it's perfectly reasonable to keep  pounding it away. When you can run all over a defense, you demoralize them. Willis had 49 yards in the first quarter....

775784[/snapback]

so a play action pass on second down in the redzone when the defense is clearly overselling against the run wouldnt have been a better call then a pitch outside that ended up losing yardage and yeah we are talking about play by play

no one is saying that they shoul stop running