Clinton Portis!?!?!

Gavin in Va Beach

Any Portis owners out there taking a chance in starting him this week? I was set to do so until Gibbs came out with his "he didn't practice so we may sit him" b.s. My gut tells me he'll be playing, it's the Cowboys for cryin' out loud! A proper 'Skin would need to be bleeding out of his eyes or coughing up a kidney before he sat against those fargin' Cowboys.

So who do I start? Portis or Fred Friggin' Taylor?

:o

Not that past performance is indicitive of future results, but:

from KFFL

Jaguars | Fast fact: Taylor enjoys playing Steelers

Sat, 16 Sep 2006 07:58:34 -0700

Michael C. Wright, of the Florida Times-Union, reports Jacksonville Jaguars RB Fred Taylor has scored more touchdowns versus the Pittsburgh Steelers (eight) than any other NFL team. Taylor also rushed for a career-high 234 yards versus the Steelers during the 2000 season.

He seems to play well against the Steelers, he's had some good games. And he seems to be healthy. If you don't get the word on Portis, he could do something for you.

Could be a gamtime decision. Portis plays Sunday night, Taylor on Monday night. In my leauge, I could wait until a few minutes before the 8:15 Sunday night start (game time for Cowboys/Redskins) and make my decision...check to see the latest deadline for line-up changes...

My gut tells me that Portis will not play....Gibbs has said he won't, for the reason that he didn't practice. Portis says he will...Gibbs is no Wayne Fontes, he isn't going to let Portis make the decision for him, especially when he has already said "no" to Portis. This appears to be the coaches policy, not the players' decision...of course I could be completely wrong, but that is how I would read it.

If you have to have your complete lineup in before 1pm Sunday, and you still can't tell if Portis is going to play, I think you have to go with Taylor...look at it this way, it may be one of the few games this season where Fragile Freddy is healthy enough to start...it is a Monday night game, the Jags, appear at least, to be a team on the rise, I expect them to give the Steelers (a team I think is primed for a disappointing season) a good game...good luck...isn't it fun when one of your key starters is a game-time decision...the only thing worse than having one of your starters have a sh------- game, is starting them, and then they don't play at all...at least you are sure Taylor is going to play.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.