WTF is happening to Notre Dame

ans4e64

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This game had two excellent football teams -- I give a lot of credit to ND despite the score. Michigan has a new coaching staff on both sides of the ball and that was the difference in this game. While the old Michigan would have found a way to lose it in the 4th quarter, the new staff continued to exploit the matchups that worked to their favor. Notre Dame's rushing defense was very impressive in the game, and the D-line pressured Henne all game. Their secondary couldn't keep up with Mich's receivers and that was their downfall. Brady Quinn did not have as bad a game as some of the media would lead you to believe. His receivers had issues with dropsies, he was pressured fairly consistently, and Mich's secondary provided great coverage when not playing prevent.

I was very impressed with Weiss' post-game presser and don't understand why people around here are riding him so hard -- I could care less that he was a Pat, he was a class act in defeat yesterday. ND could easily run the table and still end up top-5 by the end of the season. Hope that happens for you Irish fans out there.

Michigan still has a tough schedule ahead of them -- Michigan State in particular has an immense grudge for losing the last two games in OT, one being an unbelievable 4th quarter comeback by Henne and Braylon Edwards.