Schobel and Ellison articles have me hopeful again

rpmfla

Two of the articles seemed especially inspiring today! (links from TBD main page)

It looks like Schobel will pass Cornilius Bennet and may even catch Phil Hanson this season for career sacks! He likely will not get close to Bruce Smith's Bills record, but it is impressive for a guy that somewhat flies under the radar.

Reading the Ellison article got me excited about the youth on this team. It appears the Bills scouts did a good job this draft. Now if that talent can mature along with the experience they will gain this year, they look good for the near future.

Of course, a lot of things have to go right for the Bills to win soon. JP has to mature, the rookies will have to continue to improve, the offensive line needs to stay together and healthy, and our veterans (like Shobel) must lead. I think that JP mixes well with this group and will grow as a person and as a football player this year.

Funny...we have a very old owner, an old GM, and an experienced coach, all nurturing a number of youngsters. It just might work! In any event, this will be an interesting season. I am more optimistic about their future than I have been in years!