rivals

Bills Fan888

least favorite rival  

65 members have voted

1. 1. least favorite rival

• Jets
    • Pats
    • Phins

Even though I became a Bills fan as a tot during the dark years of endless torment from Miami, I have changed my hatred to the Pats due to the endless knob polishing for them, for the blatant preferential treatment from the refs time after time, and for Kraft being one of the scumbags that is trying to ruin the NFL.

Not to be a stickler, but I think these threads have to be renamed.  My "least favorite rival" is easily the Jets.  I've never cared about them, about beating them... just another team on the schedule.

But my "favorite rival," the one I hate the most, is the 'Fins.

778260[/snapback]

What?

Where's the fricking "all of the above" choice?

780833[/snapback]

Exactly

If your in our division, and we have to face you twice a year, and can keep us from making the playoffs, Your on my list of hated rivals. I will never be able to say I am a fan of the Pats, Dolphins, or Jets. I have warmed up to the colts but it took a while (mostly because I know they won't make it past the AFC championship, lol)

I know what the original poster is trying to get at though, but I think the times have changed and that Miami is no longer THE MOST HATED rival like they were when Buffalo and Miami were fighting each other for the division title. I would say it has switched to the Patriots ever since they became the team in the NFL and Buffalo was getting blown out everytime we faced them. Then with the rivalry after getting Drew, and Milloy, I think it moved NE above the Dolphins for most heated rival.

Without a doubt it's the Patriots for me, going back to the '98 Debacle in Foxboro.

It was the game where the Pats converted a 4th down when not one, but both feet of the WR were out of bounds. Then on the ensuing play pass interference was called on a jump ball in the endzone, virtually handing the game to them.

Wade Phillips pulled the team off the field for the extra point in protest. Just to rub salt into our wounds, the Pats snapped the extra point, handed the ball to Vinatieri, and he ran it in.

Hated them ever since then, and will never get over it.

sorry but if you are a fan of the new era bills (sorry but times do change, jim, thurman and andre are gone people and so are some of our rivals) NOW you have to hate the PATS......they are the ones that are determined to kill us over the past decade.......

Miami doesnt have bryan cox anymore ......so they arent even a bother

the jet? never was

sorry but if you are a fan of the new era bills (sorry but times do change, jim, thurman and andre are gone people and so are some of our rivals) NOW you have to hate the PATS......they are the ones that are determined to kill us over the past decade.......

Miami doesnt have bryan cox anymore ......so they arent even a bother

the jet? never was

780893[/snapback]

The team I cheer for hasn't changed. The team I hate the most will never change :blush:

The team I cheer for hasn't changed.  The team I hate the most will never change  :blush:

780900[/snapback]

I'm sorry teams do change...........we aren't the same as we were in the 90s......whole different structure........

different rivals now as well.......formed through media

I'm sorry teams do change...........we aren't the same as we were in the 90s......whole different structure........

different rivals now as well.......formed through media

780908[/snapback]

I guess that would be a problem if I started following the Bills in the '90s but I've been cheering for the laundry for a few more years than that.

You can let the media define your rivalries. If the league was realigned and we only played the Dolphins once every 4 years, I would still be more pumped for that game than a Patriots game. Patriots are a media "fad." Fish will always stink.

The team I cheer for hasn't changed.  The team I hate the most will never change  :blush:

780900[/snapback]

Well let me ask you a hypothetical question:

If we are serious playoff contenders but always are fighting for the division with one team (ex:Dolphins) and because of the magnitude of the games we learn who their players are and grow to hate a select few more so than the others. Now fast-forward five years later, our once dominant days are over and so is the other team. Now a third team has surfaced as the dominant one (ex:Jets) and furthermore they even have some of the select players from our old rivalries team. My question is does the hatred for a certain team lie for the team itself, or for the players and the team it was at the time?

P.S. The pastries get no mention b/c I hate them the most

Well let me ask you a hypothetical question:

If we are serious playoff contenders but always are fighting for the division with one team (ex:Dolphins) and because of the magnitude of the games we learn who their players are and grow to hate a select few more so than the others.  Now fast-forward five years later, our once dominant days are over and so is the other team.  Now a third team has surfaced as the dominant one (ex:Jets) and furthermore they even have some of the select players from our old rivalries team.  My question is does the hatred for a certain team lie for the team itself, or for the players and the team it was at the time?

P.S. The pastries get no mention b/c I hate them the most

780955[/snapback]

For me, the team itself, but the hypothetical doesn't work for me. I hate the fish and I spent my early years around too many fish fans. I hate the fish as much as I love the Bills. It's simply part of my nature now.

I wasn't around for the '70s and haven't ever been to a Phins game (that will change in Dec.), but I chose the Patsies because of their douchebag fans

780967[/snapback]

Good choice. Overall, I hate the Broncos with their years of that crackback, chop block dirtbag OL play. And Horsetooth Elway who was allowed to toss tons of passes beyond the LOS without penalty.

They are the only club in the league that makes me rock on my couch in glee when they get beat. :blush: