Paint splattered on my car

GoodBye

My 7 year old Nissan Sentra has, get this, <55k on it. It rides like a dream, though it has no pick up. I'll drive it for 3 more years and it will still probably be around 80k.

That's when I start making breakfast on the hood. :rolleyes:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Call the county.  They have something that removes the paint that blasts your car when you run redlights. Pretty sure that same stuff will work.

774424[/snapback]

If there's a breakdown in the middle of the road do they get nailed by the paint gun? We had an elderly citizen driving on the road go through a red light- would they or say a cyclist get hit too. As for the legal use of an Emergency vehicle through the red-light...sure this isn't an urban legend. Just as someone noted, what is they're in a convertible or the paint obscures rear view vision...sounds funny, but dumb.

It's a 96 toyota corolla and still has it's original paint job.

It's relatively certain that it is NOT lacquer then, although it could be urethane or just regular enamel. If you opt for using a solvent, I'd suggest trying it in a small, inconspicuous place 1st to assure it won't ruin your paint.

Unless you've got a lot of paint, I'd probably opt for a rubbing/buffing compound rather than a solvent. On the plus side, it'll remove some of the oxidation from the paint & improve its overall appearance.

It's relatively certain that it is NOT lacquer then, although it could be urethane or just regular enamel.  If you opt for using a solvent, I'd suggest trying it in a small, inconspicuous place 1st to assure it won't ruin your paint.

Unless you've got a lot of paint, I'd probably opt for a rubbing/buffing compound rather than a solvent.  On the plus side, it'll remove some of the oxidation from the paint & improve its overall appearance.

774531[/snapback]

It's all over the side of the car so I think I might be better off trying the rubbing/buffing compond rather than the solvent. But i'm going to try washing it first like cincy suggested to see if that works. Thanks for your suggestion! I'll definitely try that if washing doesn't work. :pirate:

The other day I drove by one of those machines that paints the lines on the road.  I got home later and realized that I have tons of tiny yellow spots of paint on my car.  :pirate:  Does anyone know how to remove the yellow spots w/o damaging the finish on my car?  Thanks!

774419[/snapback]

Keyrist, two pages and none of you mo-rons suggests paint remover. :devil:

96, as in 1996?  Damn it probably looks better now with a new paint job. 

Time to buy a new car.  :pirate:

774464[/snapback]

Why? If it still runs good and doesn't burn oil, why not keep it going. I have a 96 GrandPrix w/76K on it. Still runs good. No need to rush out and have a car payment.