Paint splattered on my car

GoodBye

The other day I drove by one of those machines that paints the lines on the road. I got home later and realized that I have tons of tiny yellow spots of paint on my car. :rolleyes: Does anyone know how to remove the yellow spots w/o damaging the finish on my car? Thanks!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The other day I drove by one of those machines that paints the lines on the road.  I got home later and realized that I have tons of tiny yellow spots of paint on my car.  :rolleyes:  Does anyone know how to remove the yellow spots w/o damaging the finish on my car?  Thanks!

774419[/snapback]

Call the county. They have something that removes the paint that blasts your car when you run redlights. Pretty sure that same stuff will work.

The other day I drove by one of those machines that paints the lines on the road.  I got home later and realized that I have tons of tiny yellow spots of paint on my car.  :lol:  Does anyone know how to remove the yellow spots w/o damaging the finish on my car?  Thanks!

774419[/snapback]

I'd hafta have a peek under your hood before i could take a course of action. :P:rolleyes:;)

Call the county. They have something that removes the paint that blasts your car when you run redlights. Pretty sure that same stuff will work.

What are you talking about? They paint your car when you run a red light? Here in NYC they have a few camera-red lights, send you a ticket (no points) in the mail if they get you, but I never heard of paint.

What are you talking about?  They paint your car when you run a red light?  Here in NYC they have a few camera-red lights, send you a ticket (no points) in the mail if they get you, but I never heard of paint.

774430[/snapback]

Some lights around the country have basically paint cannons that blast your back window if you run the light. The only way to get it off is with a solvent from the police, and oh they'll give you a ticket as well. :rolleyes:

Some lights around the country have basically paint cannons that blast your back window if you run the light. The only way to get it off is with a solvent from the police, and oh they'll give you a ticket as well. 

Thats f-d up!! What if you drive a convertible? Or, in my case, a Wrangler that I drive topless whenever possible? I guess you're just f-d.

The other day I drove by one of those machines that paints the lines on the road.  I got home later and realized that I have tons of tiny yellow spots of paint on my car.  :rolleyes:  Does anyone know how to remove the yellow spots w/o damaging the finish on my car?  Thanks!

774419[/snapback]

Road marking paint is a quickly air-drying paint formulation. Just wash and perhaps wax the car - that contamination 99% of the time will be removed. If there is any residual damage, such as discreet whitish spots, PM me. Auto coatings, and also damage to them, was my job for many years.

Auto coatings, and also damage to them, was my job for many years.

Cincy-

Is there anything (such as a touch-up paint or something) that can take a scratch outta my Wrangler from a stone that was kicked up and hit me? The scratch (gash?) is thru the clear coat and about the size of a pen-tip. Thanks.

Depends on what sort of paint you have on your car. If you've got a newish car w/ OE urethane paint, it's pretty impervious to solvents so you can use what you want to remove the road paint. If it's an old car &/or has been touched up w/ lacquer, about the only safe method is to try & buff it out w/ buffing/rubbing compound or if necessary you might even have to attack it w/ VERY fine (i.e. 2000-3000 grit) wet sandpaper 1st.

What type of car do you drive and has it ever had body work done to it?

Some lights around the country have basically paint cannons that blast your back window if you run the light.  The only way to get it off is with a solvent from the police, and oh they'll give you a ticket as well.  ;)

774432[/snapback]

Or you could get into an accident "because my rear window was covered, creating a manifestly unsafe condition of visibility", and sue the ever-loving sh-- out of the ass holes that think spraying your car with paint is an effective law enforcement tactic. :rolleyes:

Road marking paint is a quickly air-drying paint formulation.  Just wash and perhaps wax the car - that contamination 99% of the time will be removed. If there is any residual damage, such as discreet whitish spots, PM me. Auto coatings, and also damage to them, was my job for many years.

774440[/snapback]

I haven't wahed it yet so I'll try that. Thanks, Cincy, for the info! :rolleyes:

Depends on what sort of paint you have on your car.  If you've got a newish car w/ OE urethane paint, it's pretty impervious to solvents so you can use what you want to remove the road paint.  If it's an old car &/or has been touched up w/ lacquer, about the only safe method is to try & buff it out w/ buffing/rubbing compound or if necessary you might even have to attack it w/ VERY fine (i.e. 2000-3000 grit) wet sandpaper 1st.

What type of car do you drive and has it ever had body work done to it?

774452[/snapback]

It's a 96 toyota corolla and still has it's original paint job.

Ha, ha.   :rolleyes:  It's not a wagon nor will i ever own one or a mini-van for that matter!

774455[/snapback]

Don't it always seem to go

That you don't know what you got till it's gone

They paved paradise and put up a parkin' lot

;)  :rolleyes:  I know some day, but it barely has 100K on it and still looks and runs nice.  It has always been parked in a garage.  :lol:

774467[/snapback]

If an 11 year old car only has 100k on it, you aren't exaggerating when you say it has ALWAYS been parked in a garage.