For those who saw the slug jersey

Like A Mofo

For Sabres fans who now know what the new Sabres jersey will look like, will you buy one?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. For Sabres fans who now know what the new Sabres jersey will look like, will you buy one?

• Yes
    • No

No, I'm sticking with my plan to buy a #10 Tallinder jersey. The slug logo is just such an abomination compared to the classic logo.

If the new uniform was exactly the same but had the classic logo (in the new shades of blue and gold), I'd probably buy both the home and away versions.

Regardless of how nice the sweater is (and from the 1 photo that I've seen that doesn't give any indication of piping at the bottom of the sweater or lettering / numbering on the back, it does look pretty good), it still has a giant yellow snot smear on the middle of the chest.

That same snot smear is what is going to be shown on every single highlight show giving game scores and "breaking" NHL news. It will also have to stand alone on stat / fantasy league websites and in newspaper articles, etc., etc.. The snot smear will still look pathetic, even more so, when it isn't associated with the rest of the sweater.

If the sweater had ANYTHING decent on it, it has potential to not suck. Unfortunately, it has a giant yellow snot smear on it.

I notice that they didn't leak the white version of the sweater. Something tells me that you probably cannot make a white sweater look good (or even reasonable) with a giant snot smear across the front of it.

I don't know.  I really don't.

I'll probably end up getting one eventually, but not at first.

774192[/snapback]

The new jerseys will look about 100x better with the original logo. The Sabres are going to "pull an Islanders" and switch the better logo in within a few years. I'll get one then.

The new jerseys will look about 100x better with the original logo.  The Sabres are going to "pull an Islanders" and switch the better logo in within a few years.  I'll get one then.

774251[/snapback]

Indeed, they'd look kickass with the original logo.