ESPN Showing Some Love

H2o

But then they come right back with this gem:

The Bills are exciting with J.P. Losman at quarterback, but they are prone to a lot of mistakes. Saban will try to take advantage of those mistakes to come away with an easy victory.

773103[/snapback]

Yeah, I saw that too. We'll see how exicitng he is when Miami's ship continues it's sinking from week 1. :D

Boy JP seems to have the Fell syndrome:

I do not like thee, Dr. Fell

The reason why, I cannot tell

And yet I know, and know so well,

I do not like thee, Dr. Fell.

Sounds as if he is suffering from lack of any respect whatsoever from the media. I heard Jerry Rice badmouthing him on the safety play as if JP didn't care whether he got tackled in the end zone.

But then they come right back with this gem:

The Bills are exciting with J.P. Losman at quarterback, but they are prone to a lot of mistakes. Saban will try to take advantage of those mistakes to come away with an easy victory.

773103[/snapback]

Which mistakes are they talking about this season? JP didn't have too many chances to make mistakes after the 4th and 1 coaching call.

I was gone yesterday, anybody post the Mort chat?

Mikey(Lackawanna NY): Mort, What was your thoughts on the Bills vs Patriots game? Did the Bills look good to you? Do you think it was a good call going for it on 4th and 1 especially against a team like the Pats?

Chris Mortensen: I thought the Bills did look good. I was OK with the 4th and 1 call.... The only thing I heard from a few scouts that watched their game is that the Bills really need two stout defensive tackles - bigger bodies. They let two go - Sam Adams and Ron Edwards...both starting for the Bengals and Chiefs. But I mostly liked what I saw from the Bills although Melvin Fowler at center was embarrassed.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor...john&id=2587217

"The Bills are exciting with J.P. Losman ay Quarterback" :D I can't believe someone from that network would say such a thing.

773100[/snapback]

Don't get your hopes up. It won't be long before they all focus in on the dabacle in Dallas with TO, or the destruction of a legacy in Art Shell with his Oakland Raiders. It won't be long before JPL makes a mistake that will have ESPN saying that he is not good and that the Bills need Brady Quinn next year.

The only way that they continue to show love is if the Bills win their next three games and he is a large contributor in those wins. At that point we will be 3-1 and everybody in Bristol will be blowing eachother and joyously praising eachother on being the gods of predicting athletic talent.

JP could throw for 6000 yards, and 50 TD, with 0 ints, and the media still wouldn't give him his props.

But if TO gets jock itch its headline news. (Side Note: I despise Dallas, almost as much as the doll-pins.)

Right now the media has preconceived notions of JP. It's going to take a good season this year to get any love for next year.