Wings in Syracuse

linksfiend

Skip the wings, go to Dinosaur BBQ

772674[/snapback]

I was in Rochester last weekend and went to the Dinosaur BBQ. I had never been there, and frankly, I was pretty sick and tired of everyone telling me "You HAVE to go," and "It's the best ever..." It was downright annoying.

But, I went, and goddam that was some good food. I HIGHLY recommend. I had the Big House special and I absolutely crushed it.

Off the top of my head, I really can't think of anyplace that makes them the way I like them.

773241[/snapback]

It's a sad state of affairs when you can't even find good wings in the Cuse.

Uhh, apparently you have never been my friend.

773370[/snapback]

Uhh, apparently I go at least once a month my friend.

Dinosaur has great bar-b-que, for the northeast. I've been to places in North Carolina, Georgia and Texas and it can't live up to them. Close, but not quite.

Common man, I was at Rendezvous in memphis in march and I say Dinosaur is every bit as good

773532[/snapback]

Never been to Rendezvous, and Dinosaur may be as good as that place. Like I said, Dinosaur is great food but it's not the best you'll ever find. My only point was why take someone from the south to get bar-b-que in Syracuse. That'd be like taking someone from Buffalo to get wings in Charlotte.

I'm not going to France to eat McDonalds, but that's just me.

rendezvous is considered one of the finest Q-jernts in the country (allegedly). Carolina Q is pretty good for steers and queers and I don't see no horns on you 'boy' :doh: , and contrary to popular belief, good wings are not exclusive to buffalo, only the birthplace is exclusive

Never been to Rendezvous, and Dinosaur may be as good as that place. Like I said, Dinosaur is great food but it's not the best you'll ever find. My only point was why take someone from the south to get bar-b-que in Syracuse. That'd be like taking someone from Buffalo to get wings in Charlotte.

773707[/snapback]

773707[/snapback]

Carolina BBQ is entirely different from what you'd get at the Dinosaur, which is Kansas City-style more than anything. Carolinians (?) prefer a mustard/vinegar mix. The Dinosaur's stuff is very sweet compared to what you find in the Deep South. Memphis is big into spicy rubs with a lot of apple juice sprayed on during cooking.

I love 'em all, but I'm easy.

Carolina BBQ is entirely different from what you'd get at the Dinosaur, which is Kansas City-style more than anything.  Carolinians (?) prefer a mustard/vinegar mix.  The Dinosaur's stuff is very sweet compared to what you find in the Deep South.  Memphis is big into spicy rubs with a lot of apple juice sprayed on during cooking.

I love 'em all, but I'm easy.

773768[/snapback]

To me, it's all about Memphis BBQ. Can't believe Pooj thinks Dinasour compares to Rendevous.