Marcia Brady

Oh give a ****** break!!

Brady admits Branch distraction

FOXSports.com

Posted: 14 hours ago

Tom Brady's opening-day problems may have been caused as much by the receiver who wasn't there than by the opposing defense that was. "Last week I spent a lot of energy thinking about it and, at the end of the week, it really wasted a lot of my time and a lot of my energy," Brady said Wednesday. Full story...

Well now I KNOW it's over for the Pats, because Brady's making excuses. Brady faced this back in 2003 with Milloy. And that move happened WITHOUT warning. Branch hadn't practiced all pre-season and the trade happened AFTER the game, so it's 100% BS.

And I'm sure he's feeling like a sucker now, taking less to re-sign with the team, and thinking that the money he gave-up was going to go to keep players around. If I were him, I'd start thinking about that next round of contract talks, because you KNOW the Pats will start doing the same things to him, especially if Cassel proves to be any good.

Pretty much.  But at least Dallas tried to keep their team together.  The Pats seem intent on either having the lowest payroll possible, or proving that they can replace anyone and still win SB's.  I hope they keep it up!

772941[/snapback]

Except New England can. Even UB could win a Superbowl if they had the refs in their pocket.

Except New England can.  Even UB could win a Superbowl if they had the refs in their pocket.

772945[/snapback]

Which costs more every year, apparently. Hence the unwillingness to pay Branch. After the zebras get their cut, what's left? Pioli's got a tough job there.