Could Buffalo's most effective rusher be...

The Big Cat

JP Losman?

Still waiting for him to scramble a 25+ yard run, or even just look to run more often which would alleviate a lot of pressure on him and Willis, make defenses play more honest, and keep them on their toes.

Just a thought-but I really think Buffalo would benefit TREMENDOUSLY if he was able to rush for 30-60yds each week.

JP Losman?

Still waiting for him to scramble a 25+ yard run, or even just look to run more often which would alleviate a lot of pressure on him and Willis, make defenses play more honest, and keep them on their toes. 

Just a thought-but I really think Buffalo would benefit TREMENDOUSLY if he was able to rush for 30-60yds each week.

772487[/snapback]

Damn, for a minute there I thought you were TheWindySwedishSex. Glad I got that wrong, I hate windy sex.

Losman has to pass first, run second. Last week there were two plays where he was flushed out of the pocket, but kept his eyes downfield. Last year he would have taken off on the run. This year he found receivers downfield and completed passes both times.

When nothing is there...run, but think pass first run as last resort. (IMO)

JP will be able to add his legs as a weapon once he's gotten down that he can throw the ball. Scrambling is a great dimension to add - but he's guilty in the past of using it as a crutch. It'll get him hurt and it'll prevent his maturity as a passer. After his first 300 yard game, let's talk running.

JP Losman?

772487[/snapback]

I hope not!!!!!!! :(

I remember my olds as a youth watching Bobby Douglas run for 950+ yards as a QB where running was his first option. Exciting football yes, but winning football no.

Even a far more talented player who presents a run threat like Micheal Vick takes his life (and the team's future) into his hands every rime he scrambles.

JP has learned the lesson bitterly in practice when a mere shove from Troy Vincent put him on the bench for a while that while you do plan to run if you get in trouble, if you plan to run consistently as an option it is only a matter of time before your next team meeting is in a hospital room.

TC greatly increasing DB's effectiveness with the use of the run threat is a clear indicator that it is a bad thing to fear the QB run completely, but it also seems to be a bad idea to make this a planned part of the offense.