Coaching Staff

Pass the Pipe

The speed with which these guys pulled Coy Wire out of the lineup this past Sunday speaks volumes. CW can kiss April's backside for the paycheck he gets every week, the guy is easily the worst safety in the league.

772398[/snapback]

Thats quite a loaded statement to say that he is "... easily the worst safety in the league."

Thats quite a loaded statement to say that he is "... easily the worst safety in the league."

772401[/snapback]

Let's be honest, the guy takes a long time to recognize plays, he takes horrible angles, and he has below average speed. I agree he is a decent special teamer, but play recognition is not a requirement for that job and it's imperative for good safety play. Watch, I believe it is the 2nd Miami game from last year when he gets put in because Milloy was nicked and one play action fake later the tightend is dancing with the ball in the endzone as Wire was looking for the ball carrier in the pile on the goal line.

Let's be honest, the guy takes a long time to recognize plays, he takes horrible angles, and he has below average speed. I agree he is a decent special teamer, but play recognition is not a requirement for that job and it's imperative for good safety play. Watch, I believe it is the 2nd Miami game from last year when he gets put in because Milloy was nicked and one play action fake later the tightend is dancing with the ball in the endzone as Wire was looking for the ball carrier in the pile on the goal line.

772403[/snapback]

Well I dont believe Wire was the only player fooled. If he was then the tight end probably would not have scored. Somone- anyone - would have batted it down. But I understand what your saying. He is not a good safety. But to call him the worst in the league is quite a blow.