Nick Bakay is Kinda Funny

IDBillzFan

Bakay Article

Regarding the Bills:

Bills: A first-year coach with a new system opening on the road in New England? That's a cookie full of arsenic, but Dick Jauron had his guys ready and they looked good, my friends. One critical mistake later, they lose by a safety, and we are left to wonder if it gets better from here -- or worse? Not loving that (Takeo) Spikes hamstring problem -- he made the play of the game, can't be riding the pine.

Funny stuff regarding the Fish:

Dolphins: They could have won the game against the Steelers, and certainly will win their share. But as a guy who watched a lot of Bills games over the past few years, I have to highlight a telling moment: A short-yardage down, inside Steelers territory, during the critical drive of the game. The call? A misdirection pitch to Ronnie Brown seven yards deep in the backfield? Welcome to (Mike) Mularkey.

Best comment: referring to the Oakland Raiders offense as "The Bed and Breakfast Offense."

But even he thinks we lost the game because of the safety....Ummm...

771996[/snapback]

Welll....not to hijack the thread....but the safety is the REASON we lost the game. Not blaming anyone specifically for it, but it is the reason. We lost by 2. A safety is worth 2 points. No Tiki, no laundry.

Welll....not to hijack the thread....but the safety is the REASON we lost the game.  Not blaming anyone specifically for it, but it is the reason.  We lost by 2.  A safety is worth 2 points.  No Tiki, no laundry.

772000[/snapback]

Its the MARGIN by which the Bills lost, not THE reason.

Its ludicrous to assume the game would have played out the exact same way had the Bills kicked a FG on 4th and 1, or gotten a TD there, or JP not taken the safety.

Welll....not to hijack the thread....but the safety is the REASON we lost the game.  Not blaming anyone specifically for it, but it is the reason.  We lost by 2.  A safety is worth 2 points.  No Tiki, no laundry.

772000[/snapback]

Nope...The Pats could have scored on the last possession if they wanted to.

They controlled the ball for 6:13 and the last I checked they still held the

ball when the clock stuck 0:00. They could have kicked a FG to win at that

point if they wanted...

We could have won if Whitner INT is returned for a TD....

The safety was not the Reason for the loss, but was a momentum changer.

He's very funny, and consistently so. I think he was the head writer for the sitcom King of Queens.

772084[/snapback]

He is involved with that show. I think that he has gotten both writing and producing credits for some shows.

He is involved with that show.  I think that he has gotten both writing and producing credits for some shows.

772089[/snapback]

Yeah, when they want to keep veteran writers on any show, and there are a lot of them, they give them producer credits, too. I knew he was one of the main writers, I just didn't know if he was "the head writer", but I thought he might be.

He's very funny, and consistently so. I think he was the head writer for the sitcom King of Queens.

772084[/snapback]

I had high hopes for him. Thought he could have been center square one day.

But they cancelled the H2.

Buffalo is cursed.

I like his fantasy team.

Seems like a smart fellow so far.

772007[/snapback]

Gotta bust on him for rockin' the Reggie Bush Saints jersey at the NFL Network draft, though. Where was that sweeet #34 throwback he wore last year?

(Hi, Nick. :lol:)

More Bills-related stuff from that column:

Chargers:  Philip Rivers did his best to impersonate Joe Ferguson in his rookie year: Hand it off, and throw a token pass every eight plays. Hey, it worked.

Rams: Beating Denver, and doing it with defense? Hail (Jim) Haslett, and the Rams could make this division competitive -- there, I said it.

Oh, and you can read up on him at http://www.nickbakay.com/ . Some of the info isn't quite up to date, but I think he is still doing part of the pregame show on 97 Rock (via phone from CA, of course).

Yeah, when they want to keep veteran writers on any show, and there are a lot of them, they give them producer credits, too. I knew he was one of the main writers, I just didn't know if he was "the head writer", but I thought he might be.

772092[/snapback]

He could be. I just do not recall.

I actually like the show. Doug reminds me of Bills fans. I also remember that he wore a UB shirt on one show. It was a bit odd given that the character does not appear to have gone to UB. I presume it had something to do with Nick's Buffalo roots. As I recall, Nick did not go to UB though.

He could be.  I just do not recall.

I actually like the show.  Doug reminds me of Bills fans.  I also remember that he wore a UB shirt on one show.  It was a bit odd given that the character does not appear to have gone to UB.  I presume it had something to do with Nick's Buffalo roots.  As I recall, Nick did not go to UB though.

772105[/snapback]

I wonder if he worked on "Raymond" as I recall talk that Romano kept a box of Flutie Flakes on the top of his fridge on the set.

772092[/snapback]

You know how you can tell which writer is the "head writer"?

He/she is the one with the dirty knees.

Thank you.