Spikes out

Acantha

Though the title of the article says "out," nothing but speculation (due to Spikes not practicing) says his official status.

Current injury report (wouldn't consider it official until the 4:00pm deadline) lists him as "Questionable," not out.

Likely out? Yeah, probably. Officially out? No.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Though the title of the article says "out," nothing but speculation (due to Spikes not practicing) says his official status.

Current injury report (wouldn't consider it official until the 4:00pm deadline) lists him as "Questionable," not out.

Likely out?  Yeah, probably.  Officially out?  No.

771844[/snapback]

I read that article earlier and decided not to post it as the title is misleading. Like you said, no where in the article does it actually states Spikes is out, it's pure speculation.

Edit: I see they actually update the article from their earlier errors.

Horray for us.

This really blows sheep. Talk about no luck. 2 divisionals on the road to start, 5 rookies on the defense.

Jesus Christ, what's a Bills fan got to do to catch a break?

771784[/snapback]

We need to have an owner that doesn't stand up for his team or their fans...

Can't TKO just trot out there for the first play, demolish Culpepper and force a fumble, which the Bills pick up for a TD? Then he can take the rest of the game off again. Hell, we could do that for all 16 games.

Takeo Spikes 2006 Stat line:

Games- 16

Plays- 16

Sacks- 16

Forced Fumbles- 16

First AFC Defensive Player of the year to appear in less than 3% of his team's defensive plays.

Can't TKO just trot out there for the first play, demolish Culpepper and force a fumble, which the Bills pick up for a TD?  Then he can take the rest of the game off again.  Hell, we could do that for all 16 games.

Games- 16

Plays- 16

Sacks- 16

Forced Fumbles- 16

First AFC Defensive Player of the year to appear in less than 3% of his team's defensive plays.

771877[/snapback]

London Fletcher would be exhausted after his eighth score.

Can't TKO just trot out there for the first play, demolish Culpepper and force a fumble, which the Bills pick up for a TD?  Then he can take the rest of the game off again.  Hell, we could do that for all 16 games.

Games- 16

Plays- 16

Sacks- 16

Forced Fumbles- 16

771877[/snapback]

Now THAT is funny!!!!!

But I mean....will we ever be completly sure?  Every though TKO would be good to go week 1.

771829[/snapback]

I didn't say COMPLETELY sure.

That's picking nits, I know...but you can't ever be completely sure. Reasonably sure, on the other hand...

Hell, let's just define it as "Sure enough that, if he pulls his hamstring again, the coaches will tell themselves 'Well, we rested him long enough, these things just happen' rather than 'sh--, we shouldn't have been so worried about starting five rookies on defense that we rushed him back.'"

From the article: "Linebacker Takeo Spikes, who also injured his hamstring in the game on the same series, called the move baffling and said it signals that the coaches are making this a rebuilding season, much to his dismay."

Maybe I'm reading too much into this (and lord knows I hope I am), but am I the only one bothered by the "said it signals that the coaches are making this a rebuilding season, much to his dismay" part?

I think we all know in the back of our heads this is likely a rebuilding year for the Bills, but as they showed Sunday they can still be competitive and make this an entertaining, .500 year. Does this move spark a "mutiny" of sorts? Are players tossing in the towel already? I'm never one to panic about stuff like this (these guys are professionals, competitors, etc.)...

... but for some reason that comment by the writer (no direct quote from Spikes provided) just doesn't sit with me right.

From the article:  "Linebacker Takeo Spikes, who also injured his hamstring in the game on the same series, called the move baffling and said it signals that the coaches are making this a rebuilding season, much to his dismay."

Maybe I'm reading too much into this (and lord knows I hope I am), but am I the only one bothered by the "said it signals that the coaches are making this a rebuilding season, much to his dismay" part?

I think we all know in the back of our heads this is likely a rebuilding year for the Bills, but as they showed Sunday they can still be competitive and make this an entertaining, .500 year.  Does this move spark a "mutiny" of sorts?  Are players tossing in the towel already?  I'm never one to panic about stuff like this (these guys are professionals, competitors, etc.)...

... but for some reason that comment by the writer (no direct quote from Spikes provided) just doesn't sit with me right.

771993[/snapback]

I was just about to post that. Gotta feeling TKO feeling sorry for himself that he left the Bengals. Crimminay, did he not notice that the D played better with Troy off the field?????

Does he really not think letting TV go to IR was a way for them to let TV save face?

I was just about to post that. Gotta feeling TKO feeling sorry for himself that he left the Bengals. Crimminay, did he not notice that the D played better with Troy off the field?????

Does he really not think letting TV go to IR was a way for them to let TV save face?

772008[/snapback]

Chris Brown makes a point on his blog. Do you really expect the Bills to play this weekend with 3 safeties? If not, who do you cut? With TV looking more long-term of an injury, putting him on IR gives the team an opportunity to put another healthy safety on the squad.

Considering the number of edits made to that article (including the now-deleted "Spikes Out" that started this thread), I'm really prone to wonder what the exact quote was that Spikes gave.... :lol: Edit: Understanding now that it is what Spikes said, you also have to understand the context, based on the fact he learned about it just before stepping up to the podium...

These whiny veterans can kiss my ass. I love the way TKO plays, but he needs to shut his mouth and mind his business. I'm sure the rookies love hearing that because the "great" Troy Vincent is not in the lineup, they have no chance to win and are only playing for next season.

772008[/snapback]

Really, I agree ! The article said Spikes is listed as day to day ! Not out !

How did Posey play in Greg Williams defense on Monday Night ?  Just curious.

NFL stats show him having 1 tackle for the game.

772012[/snapback]

I was at the game. I was watching Posey and don't think he was in for any plays on defense. He was in on a handful of kickoffs that I noticed.

I did see him standing all alone on the sidlines at the start of the game, however. And, when the player was hurt on the kickoff early on (opening kickoff?) he was one of the only players who went on the field to talk to him (looking for a friend?).

On the other side of the ball, I was impressed with Winfield and Pat Wiliams, who were in for every defensive play (Pat minus one series in the 3rd quarter).

When I watched Posey in preseason, he looked just okay with the DC 2nd-string team.

Well, my quess is that Takeo wont play and he shouldn't. He's to important to this defense to play and make it worse. He'll be back for the home opener. As far as his comments go the reporter was trying to get him to agree that it's turning into a rebuilding year but the way I took it was that Takeo didn't want to admit it was a rebuilding year because he's a proud player and wants to win now and if you say the word "Rebuilding" that means throwing in the towel and no playoffs. Taken out of contents.