Lee evans being held in check was a good thing

I was so impressed with JP on Sunday and his improvement. But after reading the news' article on how evans was doubled all game, it really hit me as to why I was so impressed.

JP is not feeling the need to force the ball to anyone and spread the ball evenly to 7 different receivers. Before he seemed to have the tendency to want to force the ball into evans on every play.

Now he is clearly seeing the entire field and understands the importance of keeping the defense honest. This is a huge step of maturity that I was very happy to see in week 1.

And it bodes well for future games.

I was so impressed with JP on Sunday and his improvement. But after reading the news' article on how evans was doubled all game, it really hit me as to why I was so impressed.

JP is not feeling the need to force the ball to anyone and spread the ball evenly to 7 different receivers. Before he seemed to have the tendency to want to force the ball into evans on every play.

Now he is clearly seeing the entire field and understands the importance of keeping the defense honest. This is a huge step of maturity that I was very happy to see in week 1.

771606[/snapback]

My biggest gripe as I have said before was that in the second half was that he wasn't given a chance to win or lose the game. He only attempted 3 passes after we were stopped on 4th down and when he did complete a pass it was called back. The D couldn't get the ball back and when they did they either tried unsuccessful run plays or the OL allow the D to penetrate too easily and give up sacks JP couldn't avoid.

Yeah, tell that to the rest of the media <_<

771608[/snapback]

Well game coverage sucks in general based on the way they show highlights and focus on either gloating on or bashing individual players. If all you watched were the highlights and seen the final score you'd think that we lost the game on the final play because of a safety and let the JP bashing began. If the ticky tack block in the back on Nate wasn't call as well as the unecessary stoppage of play then the talk would have been that the Pats, Brady self destruct and miss Branch. Then maybe after 2-3 weeks of Whitner making plays he and Levy might some recognition on being the 8th pick. But JP, like the Bills, until we win we will get no respect from the media and the no-Bills nations as will always be viewed as losers; no matter how close the final score is.

Actually, one of the things I was happy to see was when he threw the ball away out of bounds one play when nobody was open.

771730[/snapback]

Rubes, i remember the play...it was in the third period, i believe. I was heading to the airport and could not resist the temptation to stop at my favorite bar to watch a couple series. funny thing is, the only guy watching that particular TV was a Pats fan. He was kool though....anyway, I said "good decision, JP" to which he replied "Last year, that would have been a sack....he looks sharp today...he's doing what Brady usually does to you guys."

And HVBFan, good points. I was happy that the recievers were catching those quick slants too. Jp was doing a great job not locking on to Evans.

I am proud of Ellis Hobbs for locking up Lee Evans, since he is a Alumni of Iowa State University as myself, and we know each other. But I was looking forward to Lee making a statement in this game, since it was his first game as the so-called #1 WR on the team. There are still 15 more games to play to see how the season pans out.

771606[/snapback]

I feel JP had a good game, but my concern is that I don't see him making those big time throws like Brady did, like the 30 yard seam route to a receiver or tightend in tight coverage. Those kinds of throws separate the pretenders from the real deals and I would like to see more of that out of him. For example, the laser to Reed after the fumble, if he starts making plays like that in crunch time then I can say we have our man for the future.

I feel JP had a good game, but my concern is that I don't see him making those big time throws like Brady did, like the 30 yard seam route to a receiver or tightend in tight coverage. Those kinds of throws separate the pretenders from the real deals and I would like to see more of that out of him. For example, the laser to Reed after the fumble, if he starts making plays like that in crunch time then I can say we have our man for the future.

772396[/snapback]

a lot of people seem to forgot how careful Belichick and the Pats O-staff was with Brady his first season. He was given a simplified version of the playbook and they rarely had him take any chances like the 30 yarder you describe above. I remember this, and for me, this is basically JP's first season.

a lot of people seem to forgot how careful Belichick and the Pats O-staff was with Brady his first season. He was given a simplified version of the playbook and they rarely had him take any chances like the 30 yarder you describe above. I remember this, and for me, this is basically JP's first season.

772406[/snapback]

.....look at Rivers. 11 pass attempts in his first start. Though I felt they should have given him a few more, there is a lot to be said for doing everything you can to make a young QBs life easier.