Marv Levy is on 7-8 tonight (Tuesday)

Albany,n.y.

And his passes were all over the place.  It wouldn't have mattered if he was at his peak - he COULD NOT play in the elements.  COULDN'T DO IT.

The Giants beat them 49-3 in the playoffs at the Meadowlands for exactly the same reason.

771183[/snapback]

I had totally forgotten that one, looks like younger Joe had a similar day, ending up not knowing what stadium he was in that day, too.

NFC: New York Giants 49, San Francisco 49ers 3

Quarter 1 2 3 4 Tot

49ers 3 0 0 0 3

Giants 7 21 21 0 49

at Giants Stadium, East Rutherford, New Jersey

Game time: 12:30 p.m. EST

TV announcers (CBS): Pat Summerall and John Madden

Game Attendance: 75,691

Giants quarterback Phil Simms completed only 9 of 19 passes for 134 yards, but threw 4 touchdown passes and no interceptions while the New York defense allowed only 29 rushing yards and a field goal. On the 49ers' first drive of the game, wide receiver Jerry Rice caught a pass from quarterback Joe Montana and appeared to be on his way for a 50-yard touchdown, but he inexplicably fumbled the ball without being touched and the Giants recovered. New York then drove 80 yards to score on Simms' 24-yard touchdown to tight end Mark Bavaro. Simms later threw three more touchdowns: a 15-yarder to wide receiver Bobby Johnson, a 28-yarder to wide receiver Phil McConkey, and a 29-yarder to tight end Zeke Mowatt. Running back Joe Morris rushed for 159 yards and scored two rushing touchdowns: a 45-yarder and a 2-yard one. Linebacker Lawrence Taylor also scored on a 34-yard interception return for a touchdown. During that same play, Montana was knocked out of the game with a concussion after being hit by defensive lineman Jim Burt.

Scoring

NYG - Bavaro 24 pass from Simms (Allegre kick)

SF - FG Wersching 26

NYG - Morris 45 run (Allegre kick)

NYG - Johnson 15 pass from Simms (Allegre kick)

NYG - Taylor 34 interception return (Allegre kick)

NYG - McConkey 28 pass from Simms (Allegre kick)

NYG - Mowatt 29 pass from Simms (Allegre kick)

NYG - Morris 2 run (Allegre kick)

Matthews asked about the officiating.  Marv said they review films & might let the league know of their complaint, but they are not supposed to talk about it publically.  He also ended 1st segment saying he wants to protect his wallet.  I guess they fine team officials who publically state the obvious about the poor officiating.

771120[/snapback]

I love how the league gives the officials the almighty power to suck and get away with it. Everybody in life is open to criticism except NFL officials. Yup, conspiracy theory looking better all the time.

If the league is backing the poor officiating and already has a hard-on against the Bills, how is sending a complaint to the source of the problem going to change anything.

I would take the hit to the wallet and publicy undress them with the severity of getting personal to those a-hole refs. It can't get any worse.