Marv Levy is on 7-8 tonight (Tuesday)

Albany,n.y.

A few minutes ago Matthews said he doesn't have Marv's number & he hopes that Marv calls in. If Marv is waiting for them to call him, there might not be a show tonight.

771091[/snapback]

He doesn't have Marv's number. Might it have been a good idea to GET Marv's number before announcing him as a guest?

:lol:

Does he have Scott Berchtold's number, I wonder? After all, the Bills DO have a PR department...

Matthews asked about the officiating. Marv said they review films & might let the league know of their complaint, but they are not supposed to talk about it publically. He also ended 1st segment saying he wants to protect his wallet. I guess they fine team officials who publically state the obvious about the poor officiating.

Talking about the draft. Matthews asked him about not drafting Leinart. Marv stated that they were not drafting a QB because it would have been too much chaos creating a QB controversy without giving JP a chance to succeed. Then he said IF THE BILLS HAD DRAFTED A QB, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CUTLER, NOT LEINART.

Talking about the draft.  Matthews asked him about not drafting Leinart.  Marv stated that they were not drafting a QB because it would have been too much chaos creating a QB controversy without giving JP a chance to succeed. Then he said IF THE BILLS HAD DRAFTED A QB, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CUTLER, NOT LEINART.

771137[/snapback]

I don't doubt that at all. ML would have been a disaster in the elements at Rich.

Count me as one who hopes so.  Remember Joe Montana in the AFC Championship game?

771177[/snapback]

He was a little past his prime & didn't know where he was by the time our D was through with him.

I remember chanting before the game Joe Cool? Joe Cold? JOE OLD!!!

He was a little past his prime & didn't know where he was by the time our D was through with him. 

771181[/snapback]

And his passes were all over the place. It wouldn't have mattered if he was at his peak - he COULD NOT play in the elements. COULDN'T DO IT.

The Giants beat them 49-3 in the playoffs at the Meadowlands for exactly the same reason.

And his passes were all over the place.  It wouldn't have mattered if he was at his peak - he COULD NOT play in the elements.  COULDN'T DO IT.

The Giants beat them 49-3 in the playoffs at the Meadowlands for exactly the same reason.

771183[/snapback]

I'm not disputing the Montana peformance. What I am not convinced of is that Leinart is Montana reincarnate.