One game and some of you are calling

Like A Mofo

You are kidding right?

769484[/snapback]

Sadly, they are not.

There are people on this board who are just biased against WM and UM.

These are the same people who have no idea why the fourth and one play failed. [For that, you can read my post about how Wilfork knocked Melvin Fowler two yards back into our backfield and blew up the play. The same guys who are abusing WM about that play have not even mentioned the real reason why it failed.

I wish these guys would compare the holes that the Pats o-line was opening for their RBs to what our line was doing (or more appropriately - not doing).

Is Willis McGahee the best RB on this team? Yes.

Do I feel anything good about Willis McGahee as a Bill? Maybe not. He's definitely a stupid person; there's no way around that. And watching the Pats beat us every year by being the smarter team, I'm not thrilled about pinning my hopes on a moron to lead the way.

Well, to be fair, these are a lot of the same riders that didn't want A-Train on the team last week, but rather a guy that didn't start in college.

769497[/snapback]

Remember, A-Train is a Bill only because he's a crony...

Willis may not win any IQ tests against bricks any time soon, but 3rd or 4th he knew the job was to get a first down on the next play and, for whatever reasons you want to attribute it to, he didn't make it. DO you think his effort/mindset would have been different enough to make a difference if he thought it was 4th, even though it's clear he's stupid enough not only to not know what down it was, but also to admit it to the press?

Is Willis McGahee the best RB on this team?  Yes.

Do I feel anything good about Willis McGahee as a Bill?  Maybe not.  He's definitely a stupid person; there's no way around that.  And watching the Pats beat us every year by being the smarter team, I'm not thrilled about pinning my hopes on a moron to lead the way.

769533[/snapback]

The guy is "stupid"?

He was smart enough to go out and get a multi-million dollar insurance policy before the Fiesta Bowl. After he got hurt and I heard about that, I thought that was pretty smart.

I am not saying that he should work for NASA, but he is about the same as most professional football players.

Moreover, as with a large segment of professional athletes, he did not grow up in white middle class suburbia.

With the tools that he has, WM has gotten farther faster from where he started than probably just abouot anyone on this board.

I haven't in the past been a WM basher but yesterday he did a little too much dancing; especially in the 2nd half. Maybe it was because of his ankle injury; who knows. But the way he was running in the second half combined with the effectiveness A-Trai had, I would have given him more carries in the 2nd half. Now I'm not stupid as some to say stert A-Train after ONE GAME but in the game yesterday, WM should have been sat down for dancing to the hole. Really a little competition makes the RB run harder. Noticed Dillion had a little more zip afer being pushed by Maroney. That is why we should have imitated them and gave A-Train more than 3 carries and establish more of a one-two punch. On another topic, there should have been a few playactions and rollouts called as well, especially when were effective running the ball and with the Pats overloading the run in the 2nd half.

With the tools that he has, WM has gotten farther faster from where he started than probably just abouot anyone on this board.

769546[/snapback]

You mean "tools" like being a gifted enough athlete to be a star college and NFL player? Yes, what a miracle he made it this far in life. ;)

The guy is "stupid"?

769546[/snapback]

Yes, he's stupid.

I think A-train should have had some touches in the 2nd half, but there is no way he should start over Willis. I don't think WM was the same after Harrison made his patent helmet to helmet hit late in the first half. Of course 1 penalty is plenty for NE. That's actually why A-Train was in there for consecutive downs. Also might explain why Wm didn't realize it was 4th down.

You mean "tools" like being a gifted enough athlete to be a star college and NFL player?  Yes, what a miracle he made it this far in life.  ;)

Yes, he's stupid.

769578[/snapback]

Why? Because he did not have the benefit of growing up in white middle class suburbia like I did (and presume you did)?

I noticed that you did not address the insurance that he got.

I do like your avatar though.

Why?  Because he did not have the benefit of growing up in white middle class suburbia like I did (and presume you did)?

I do like your avatar though.

769593[/snapback]

I would be surprised if the majority of star players playing in Bowl games do not get this type of insurance.

Why?  Because he did not have the benefit of growing up in white middle class suburbia like I did (and presume you did)?

769593[/snapback]

Where he grew up doesn't matter. I know a lot of white middle class suburbia folks who are completely clueless. Intelligent people can come from bad situations.

And it's definitely not a white or black thing. Every time I hear Terrence McGee talk, I'm extremely proud that he's on my team. Every time I've ever heard McGahee speak, I've cringed and basically had to remind myself that he's very gifted physically. I'm not about to grade McGahee on a curve because he's black because that's probably the most racist thing I could do.

769593[/snapback]

Probably because those policies are common for players in his situation. Of course he got a policy! Who wouldn't? Top 5 draft picks are looking at a lot of money. Are we sure it was even his idea? And even if it was, you don't have to be stupid 100% of the time to be stupid.

Look, I'd like to like him. I want to like him. But I'd be lying if I said I had a ton of confidence in him. Instead of being upset that he didn't get the first down on 4 and 1, he just shrugged and admitted he didn't even know what down it was. That's incredible! And this after three years of offering basically no insight on football in interviews. Every time the Bills draft someone I want to like them. McGahee, since 2003, has never said anything that makes me like him.

So willis wont win any nobel prizes. But he may help us win a super bowl. So lets get rid of willis for some RB from cornell who will be smart and well read and speak nicely and say stand up things, and then gain 450 yards on 300 carries for the season. ;)

And yes, willis talks before thinking. News flash. Willis is 24 years old. I'm sure none of us have ever acted/talked before we thought about it at that age. :(

Dumb or not, willis is a bill, and will be for a while. If he has a decent year, and isnt expecting alexander/LT type money, he'll be a bill for longer.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Willis is a great runner and has more skill than most running backs ever to put on a Bills uniform. But skill alone is not enough in this league -- you need some mental awareness, desire and a whole lot of heart. Did Willis show heart in his tireless effort to come back from a devastating injury? You bet -- and that probably had a lot to do with why the Bills chose him.

However, I don't see it translate consistently in the way he runs. He turned some negative plays into postives and I thought those were awesome... but when the team is in need of 1 yard... for Willis to dance around and then shrug it off afterward... to me, that's just ridiculous.

Given that same play, even with Fowler beat, I guarantee you Portis, LJ, Shaun and Rudi get that yard. Willis is right up there with them in terms of skill but there is definitely some intangible elements missing.

Look, I'd like to like him.  I want to like him.  But I'd be lying if I said I had a ton of confidence in him.  Instead of being upset that he didn't get the first down on 4 and 1, he just shrugged and admitted he didn't even know what down it was.  That's incredible! 

769625[/snapback]

Where he grew up doesn't matter.  I know a lot of white middle class suburbia folks who are completely clueless.  Intelligent people can come from bad situations.

And it's definitely not a white or black thing.  Every time I hear Terrence McGee talk, I'm extremely proud that he's on my team.  Every time I've ever heard McGahee speak, I've cringed and basically had to remind myself that he's very gifted physically.  I'm not about to grade McGahee on a curve because he's black because that's probably the most racist thing I could do.

Probably because those policies are common for players in his situation.  Of course he got a policy!  Who wouldn't?  Top 5 draft picks are looking at a lot of money.  Are we sure it was even his idea?  And even if it was, you don't have to be stupid 100% of the time to be stupid.

Look, I'd like to like him.  I want to like him.  But I'd be lying if I said I had a ton of confidence in him.  Instead of being upset that he didn't get the first down on 4 and 1, he just shrugged and admitted he didn't even know what down it was.  That's incredible!  And this after three years of offering basically no insight on football in interviews.  Every time the Bills draft someone I want to like them.  McGahee, since 2003, has never said anything that makes me like him.

769625[/snapback]

Be real. Many of you guys have made fun of the way he speaks. The guy grew up in the hood. McGee, as I recall, is an army brat.

You called him a moron. That is pretty outrageous. If he had been a moron, he would not have had the insurance.

I also find it very humorous how brave some of you guys are behind your computers. It would be interesting to see what would happen if you called WM a moron to his face -- especially if you did it where he grew up.

As I posted earlier, the guy is not a NASA scientist. Yet, he is not what you are making him out to be.

So willis wont win any nobel prizes. But he may help us win a super bowl. So lets get rid of willis for some RB from cornell who will be smart and well read and speak nicely and say stand up things, and then gain 450 yards on 300 carries for the season. ;)

And yes, willis talks before thinking. News flash. Willis is 24 years old. I'm sure none of us have ever acted/talked before we thought about it at that age. :(

Dumb or not, willis is a bill, and will be for a while. If he has a decent year, and isnt expecting alexander/LT type money, he'll be a bill for longer.

769632[/snapback]

I went to Cornell. Even still, I prefer WM in our backfield. :doh:

769632[/snapback]

Have you noticed that with all the parity in the NFL these days, it's the smart teams that end up winning those Super Bowl thingies?

Did you notice that the team that beat the Bills yesterday (and last year and every year) did it by being smarter than them?

Have you noticed that with all the parity in the NFL these days, it's the smart teams that end up winning those Super Bowl thingies?

Did you notice that the team that beat the Bills yesterday (and last year and every year) did it by being smarter than them?

769641[/snapback]

I don't know if they are smarter, but they definitely are more experienced and it showed. This team is very young and will get better with every game played. A couple times there were 5 rookies playing on the Bills D. These are part of the growing pains we will experience this year. But this nucleus is good!! They should be a contender for years to come. At least hopefully, as I need to justify my season tickets!!

Be real.  Many of you guys have made fun of the way he speaks.  The guy grew up in the hood.  McGee, as I recall, is an army brat.

769635[/snapback]

Because he sounds like a moron. Sorry, the truth hurts. I'm not grading him on a curve.

You called him a moron.  That is pretty outrageous.  If he had been a moron, he would not have had the insurance.

769635[/snapback]

Why not? Athletes about to enter the draft get that type of insurance routinely. And, like I said, you do not have to be a moron every second of every day to be a moron.

I also find it very humorous how brave some of you guys are behind your computers.  It would be interesting to see what would happen if you called WM a moron to his face -- especially if you did it where he grew up.

769635[/snapback]

Wow, excellent point. He must be real smart if I wouldn't want to pick a fight with him. ;) I can't believe you even tried this line of reasoning.

As I posted earlier, the guy is not a NASA scientist.  Yet, he is not what you are making him out to be.

769635[/snapback]

What are you making him out to be? Are we supposed to call him smart because he got insurace? Are we supposed to call him smart because we wouldn't want to pick a fight with him?

I'm just being honest. I don't want to think "Well, he sounds like a complete douche bag every time he opens his mouth but he's from the hood so I guess he's not so bad." Give me a break.