Deion Branch

Pass the Pipe

If the price is not too severe the Bills should make a play for him.  They need a weapon like him to open the field up.

769309[/snapback]

Beside the fact we don't need him, the price is too severe. I believe Seattle and whoever the other team he agreed to a contract with offered him a boat load of money. Much more than the Pats expected.

What are you smoking in that pipe of yours?

RTB

769313[/snapback]

You're the one who is smoking something if you think the trio of Price, Reed, and that sprinter free agent are going to produce. We need a solid number 2 or 1 b and it is not on the roster today. Remember, we will not see the 2nd and 3rd stringers from the Detroit Lions every day.

We could use a strong posession guy. Like Moulds, except not one that hates JP Losman.

769321[/snapback]

that is a phrase a hate with a passion. WTF does it even mean? Either you can catch the ball or you can't. The only thing it says to me is: slow. If given the choice between a fast guy that can catch or a slow guy that can catch - I'll take the former....

that is a phrase a hate with a passion.  WTF does it even mean?  Either you can catch the ball or you can't.  The only thing it says to me is: slow.  If given the choice between a fast guy that can catch or a slow guy that can catch - I'll take the former....

769401[/snapback]

It's a guy with a powerful frame that can fight for the ball vs a defensive back, and take the physical pounding it requires to be an underneath, over the middle sort of WR.

Our wrs are all speed guys that are better suited to playing outside the hashes.

that is a phrase a hate with a passion.  WTF does it even mean?  Either you can catch the ball or you can't.  The only thing it says to me is: slow.  If given the choice between a fast guy that can catch or a slow guy that can catch - I'll take the former....

769401[/snapback]

It means a guy that's not small (small guys are usually the fast ones) and can go over the middle and not be afraid of getting tattooed by a LB or safety. Big, tall WRs are much easier targer than smurfs. There are a lot of guys who can catch the ball who get alligator arms when there's the threat of being hit. Sure there are a few fast WRs in the league that can also make their living over the middle but most don't really want to. The Bills have nobody on the team that can consistently make catches over the middle except Evans but it's a waste of his talent to bring him down for short gains over the middle on a regular basis.

769401[/snapback]

Not really true....

"Strong possession guy" usually means....

More sure handed.....

Better route runner....

Maybe a little bit smarter....(I.E.) when you need 10 for a first down, run 11 and come back to 10...this is also good route running though.....

Not terrified to catch in traffic....

Correct, usually slower....

Combo of all these things. What you have when you have these and speed is a stud.

MeShawn, when opposite of Steve Smith, is a good one.