A-Train

generaLee83

How about A-train huh?

I'll be honest, I really didn't know what to expect from him after he made the team, he certainly didn't have a killer preseason.

I think he defines power running.

I was very surprised that he didn't make any appearances after his big run.

I would like to see Buffalo utilize a 2 back system like other teams are implementing. I'm not suggesting that it should go 50/50-Willis/A-Train, maybe more like 70/30.

This guy can run and receive.

How about A-train huh?

I'll be honest, I really didn't know what to expect from him after he made the team, he certainly didn't have a killer preseason.

I think he defines power running.

I was very surprised that he didn't make any appearances after his big run.

I would like to see Buffalo utilize a 2 back system like other teams are implementing.  I'm not suggesting that it should go 50/50-Willis/A-Train, maybe more like 70/30.

This guy can run and receive.

769036[/snapback]

And he played with Tom Brady at Michigan. Anyone else sigh when Simms said that after he scored the touchdown?

And he played with Tom Brady at Michigan.  Anyone else sigh when Simms said that after he scored the touchdown?

769037[/snapback]

I thought Sim's worst ball-washing of the Pats came after the first half when, just prior to the kickoff he says something along the lines of: "Remember, this is just week one and it's not representative of how good either of these teams are"....

It was such a cheap shot and so blatant it made me ill. Think he would have said that had the Pats been up 17-7 at half??? <_<

I think the most enjoyable thing about A-Train's "surprising" performance was that it was apparently no surprise at all to Jauron. The folks who accused him of cronyism or lambasted him for keeping Thomas over Gates and simply called him a fool for not knowin football as well as these legends in their own minds do really owe Jauron an apology of similar length and derision as some of the posts which ragged on him.

I am more than happy to concede I was wrong in simply supporting the idea that Thomas was a better pick because Gates did produce better as a rusher, but not emough to separate himself from a vet who could blitz pick-up, block on occaisional end-arounds sn because Yhomas did in fact show better production than Gayes as a pass catcher and dump=off target.

However, even I as a supporter of keeping Thomas underestimated his effectiveness as a rusher. There are many YSW regulars who can demonstrate whether they are fan enougj (or man enough) to admit that they appear to be all wrong in denigaraing Jauron abd A-Train in various posts.

I thought Sim's worst ball-washing of the Pats came after the first half when, just prior to the kickoff he says something along the lines of: "Remember, this is just week one and it's not representative of how good either of these teams are"....

It was such a cheap shot and so blatant it made me ill. Think he would have said that had the Pats been up 17-7 at half??? <_<

769044[/snapback]

Probably would have said that everyone but him picked te patriots to flop. Then he would brag about how he is master of all things, and then go back to flirting with Tom Brady via Tivo, so that when Brady would get home and watch the game, he would hear how much of a man crush Sims has on him.

I think that with Jauron... we will see the A-Train next time there is a 4th and one.

769152[/snapback]

Maybe we can also put a center in who doesn't get blown up too. I mean it's 4th and 1, he knows the play call and the snap count, and not only didn't he come off the ball strong but gets blown back 2 yards into the backfield?