Progress

Pass the Pipe

It was evident to me today that Levy has made progress with this organization. Don’t get me wrong, this is still a team in the bottom 25% of the league, but I think things are headed in the proper direction.

What I Like:

Whitner and Simpson should start the rest of the year, they’re terrific; and once the other OSU rookie gets in condition he can replace Clemens, an $8 mil. stiff.

Larry Tripplet was a solid pick-up, all we need is a steady performer next to him

I like the fact that this coaching staff has drilled some solid fundamentals into Losman’s head, the check offs were good today and his accuracy appears to be improving

Finally we have an athletic center that can pull

On the 4th down play at least we didn’t try a flea-flicker or a reverse; this coaching staff appears to be fundamentally solid

What I Don’t Like:

Losman appears to lock on a receiver and his ball handling skills are dreadful (Note how Brady always keeps the safeties honest by looking one way and going another)

The linebacking core is too small; if Losman progresses, this is where we need to go in next year’s draft.

The hamstring could only be the beginning of TKOs problems; see Sam Cowhart

Mr. Number One receiver was AWOL against a ho-hum secondary today

I would like to see this coaching staff use Losman outside of the pocket a lot more; the guy can throw on the run and/or shotgun. 3rd and long under center????

Still no production out of the tightends, which is the biggest trend in the NFL today

How did Coy Wire and Troy Vincent make the team ahead of Eric King? Watching the painful re-run of Wire whiffing on the rookie RB was pure comedy; at least the coaching staff recognized the error in starting Wire after one series, which is a hell of a lot more than I can say for Gregg, Mulurkey, and Jerry Grey.