A Few Quick Thoughts About The Game...

Bill from NYC

1) I would like it if nobody on this board ever again questions the skills of A. Schobel. Thanks. Thanks very much.

2) Speaking of DEs, I am not going to take one God damned thing away from Denney nor Kelsay.

3) OK Losman Fans....here goes.....

The kid played very well. What he DOES have to do to take it to the next level.... this is what I have been saying..... is develop just a bit more touch. You can blame the crucial missed pass on Royal; I do not. It was a blazing fastball. A softer pass would have done the job. I truly hope that he develops some finesse, becuse if he does, look the !@#$ out.

OK, now that this is out of the way, the kid was really good; better than I thought he would be. I was proud of him. Good job, young man!!! :D

4) Villarial played well. That's right, I said that.

5) To all of you that think (and rightly so) that I harp too much about the offensive line, let me lob the ball back in your court......imagine if we had a dominant left tackle!?!? Gandy sucked today. That's right, I said that too.

6) McGee was great before he had his bell rung, especially against the run. Greer sucked/sucks.

7) London is a handful. I am liking him more and more. What a friggin football player. I like him more now than I did 5 minutes ago. :lol:

8) We are doing quite well at RB, thank you very much.

9) Jason Peters is going to be a superstar RT. You heard it here. :D

As for McFaddens:

It was my first time there. I was astonished by the fact that the crowd was SO young. I was there with my friends, Mrs nirvjam (Suzie), and my daughter.

Most of these kids were too young for much of the misery that many of us have shared, but they really are TRUE Bills Fans. These kids were great.

I was literally shocked by the fact that most of them never heard of twobillsdrive. :D Nirvjam and I told scores of them about this site. Hopefully, we will have many new visitors.

The good news is, Bills Fans are growing in numbers. Even the young people seem to share the unbridled devotion. My daughter got her first look at large numbers of Bills Fans, and wants to go to RWS.

Yeah, we lost, but it is simply great to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills Football team. It is also great to se that our numbers are growing. Btw, if there are single NYC Bills Fans reading this, there is a friggin ton of smoking hot girls at this place. Me? I am old and married, but you young and single guys need to RUN there!

I am sorry for such a long rant.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for McFaddens:

It was my first time there. I was astonished by the fact that the crowd was SO young. I was there with my friends, Mrs nirvjam (Suzie), and my daughter.

Most of these kids were too young for much of the misery that many of us have shared, but they really are TRUE Bills Fans. These kids were great.

That's why you have to go next door to Calico Jacks, it's for the geriatric crowd, like us :D

The kid played very well. What he DOES have to do to take it to the next level.

768621[/snapback]

I'll agree. I was hoping he could lead us on a game winning drive, the type where legends are born but he wasn't given much of a chance as our 1st down production was horrible in the 2nd half and penalties caused us a few bad yards and distances and a 1st down as well. The playcalling got timid and played into the Patriots strengths and stopped attacking the secondary or spreading the field on early downs. McGahee dancing didn't help.

768621[/snapback]

And speaking of WM, he didn't attack the LOS at all the whole game. He had a few nice runs but he danced too much instead of imposing his will on the D; especially on the 4th down play as if he gotten a full head of steam in the crease that he had he could have gotten 1 yard. Instead he danced around trying to get a bigger play than looking for 1 yard.

......I am sorry for such a long rant.

768621[/snapback]

Sounds like a very balanced & fair assessment to me.

I can't wait for next week. :D

And speaking of WM, he didn't attack the LOS at all the whole game. He had a few nice runs but he danced too much instead of imposing his will on the D; especially on the 4th down play as if he gotten a full head of steam in the crease that he had he could have gotten 1 yard. Instead he danced around trying to get a bigger play than looking for 1 yard.

768746[/snapback]

He didn't have good blocking from the left side.

Imo, Peters played pretty well, and believe it or not, CV kicked ass. Fowler was OK, and the left side did an inadquate job.

I am very curious as to what you, and others saw up front.

He didn't have good blocking from the left side.

Imo, Peters played pretty well, and believe it or not, CV kicked ass. Fowler was OK, and the left side did an inadquate job.

I am very curious as to what you, and others saw up front.

768758[/snapback]

I thought the OL for the most part did a fine job. Now Colvin did get by Gandy a few times and Peters once but overall JP had ample time to throw the ball. If they had went to the shotgun more in the second half on key downs I think JP would have been more effective as the running game was getting shutdown on 1st down and the playcalling became timid, stop attacking and put the D right back on the field. There should have been a little more short passes or screens thrown on 1st down.

Another note for JP: he might didn't win the game for us but he didn't lose it like Culpepper and Bledsoe did.

I thought the OL for the most part did a fine job. Now Colvin did get by Gandy a few times and Peters once but overall JP had ample time to throw the ball. If they had went to the shotgun more in the second half on key downs I think JP would have been more effective as the running game was getting shutdown on 1st down and the playcalling became timid, stop attacking and put the D right back on the field. There should have been a little more short passes or screens thrown on 1st down.

Another note for JP: he might didn't win the game for us but he didn't lose it like Culpepper and Bledsoe did.

768766[/snapback]

You started by saying that the OL was "fine," but went on do describe play that was a long way from "fine."

I think that the Bills OL has been so bad for so long, fans are confused as to what in fact is good OL play.

Jmo.

The kid played very well. What he DOES have to do to take it to the next level.... this is what I have been saying..... is develop just a bit more touch. You can blame the crucial missed pass on Royal; I do not. It was a blazing fastball. A softer pass would have done the job. I truly hope that he develops some finesse, becuse if he does, look the !@#$ out.

OK, now that this is out of the way, the kid was really good; better than I thought he would be. I was proud of him. Good job, young man!!! :D

5) To all of you that think (and rightly so) that I harp too much about the offensive line, let me lob the ball back in your court......imagine if we had a dominant left tackle!?!? Gandy sucked today. That's right, I said that too.

9) Jason Peters is going to be a superstar RT. You heard it here.  :D

As for McFaddens:

768621[/snapback]

You hit the nail on the head as far as left tackle- when you can avoid helping the left tackle, it really makes the line dominant- which is why KC is hurting so much right now.

I have been thrilled with Losman since midway through the preseason- he's doing a lot of little things that add up and become big things. His pocket awareness has improved greatly, as has his accuracy.

We will be a playoff team next year

1) I would like it if nobody on this board ever again questions the skills of A. Schobel. Thanks. Thanks very much.

2) Speaking of DEs, I am not going to take one God damned thing away from Denney nor Kelsay.

4) Villarial played well. That's right, I said that.

6) McGee was great before he had his bell rung, especially against the run. Greer sucked/sucks.

7) London is a handful. I am liking him more and more. What a friggin football player. I like him more now than I did 5 minutes ago.  :lol:

9) Jason Peters is going to be a superstar RT. You heard it here.  :D

As for McFaddens:

I was literally shocked by the fact that most of them never heard of twobillsdrive.  :D  Nirvjam and I told scores of them about this site. Hopefully, we will have many new visitors.

The good news is, Bills Fans are growing in numbers. Even the young people seem to share the unbridled devotion. My daughter got her first look at large numbers of Bills Fans, and wants to go to RWS.

Yeah, we lost, but it is simply great to be a fan of the Buffalo Bills Football team. It is also great to se that our numbers are growing. Btw, if there are single NYC Bills Fans reading this, there is a friggin ton of smoking hot girls at this place. Me? I am old and married, but you young and single guys need to RUN there!

768621[/snapback]

Good post. I thought our D-line got some good push in the 1st half. I loved the 1-arm tackle or maroney by denney.

As for losman, i liked what i saw out of him today. Excellent 1st half (fumbles aside, but those were flukey) Made some plays with his feet, some good throws. 2nd half, he didnt look as good, but from what i saw, it wasnt anything that cant be fixed. In the 2nd half, it looked like he was trying to take the team on his back and i liked that attitude. The pats started getting pressure and he did what he could. Made a few mistakes form inexperience, but i like what i have seen.

on the safety, gandy got torched, and JP should have lunged ahead to get out of the endzone. But you cant fault the kid for trying to make a play. This was one of the "inexperience" mistakes. A lot of the fault falls on the o-line, some on JP too.

The line opened some holes and pass blocked good in the first half, but faltered in the 2nd. IMO, i think it was due to NE blitzing much more. We may had been more successful with some shorter swing passes to take the pressure off. It would help too if shelton learned how to block.

All in all, tough heartbreaking loss, seeing how we could have won. But i like what the team showed. Showed heart, grit and determination. The bills showed something that i havent seen in years. This team will be exciting to watch this season, and i think we're gonna be good in the long run.

You started by saying that the OL was "fine," but went on do describe play that was a long way from "fine."

I think that the Bills OL has been so bad for so long, fans are confused as to what in fact is good OL play.

Jmo.

768776[/snapback]

Most of the day JP had ample time to throw. If it wasn't for safe playcalling on 2-3 straight series after they missed that 4th and 1, if the Bills had stayed aggressive I think JP could have done more damage as the Pats had a hard time matching up and really didn't apply much pressure without blitzing. Those 2-3 drives allowed the Pats to keep the ball and us to lose our rhythm. But penalities and runs for loses put us in unfavorable down and distances. The blocking, while not flawless was much better than last year. While some expect the team to play flawlessly in all aspects, the only aspect of the game that should get a failing grade is run D for if we had held the Pats running game in check we win easily as we had them on the ropes but let them off.