Reality Check

Chilly

The players on this team do not know how to play with a lead and they haven't for a long time.  Willis starts dancing too much, JP gets too eager, the D can't make any adjustments.  I know alot is coaching, but the core players have been here long enough and should know how to handle the pressure a little better.

Every 2-3 years it's new coaches, new players, new systems and they all add up to the same BS.  So close, but yet so far.

768333[/snapback]

How much of that though is BECAUSE we constantly give up on our coaching staff? Dont get me wrong, I wasnt a huge fan of Meathead towards the end...but at the same time the constant overhaul of coaching staffs cant be a good way to teach the players how to close out games.

Just seems like we are often quick to execute the coaches around these parts.

Kinda like opening day 3 years ago?  I thought we were going to be pretty good then too.

768340[/snapback]

the team played well no one and i repeat no one gave us a chance with the pats . so much good from this game . winning will start soon .

You all need to relax.

The Bills lost by 2 points.  Two !@#$ing points against the Pats.

- Coaching staff's first real game with the Bills

- JP's 9th start in 3 years (in a brand new offense nontheless)

- Brand new defense

- Lots of new starters on the O-line and Defense.

I don't understand how you all can be so negative given the circumstances and expectations of this team.

Please explain how losing to the Pats by two god damn points is so bad, because I truly don't understand it.

768255[/snapback]

Only because the last three years when the Bills take a lead into the 4th quarter, they manage to give it up w/o a fight and we lose as a result. This is a habit that needs to be broken. It happens against good teams and the ones that suck as well.

It think we should have won this game. If they kicked that FG on the 7 instead of trying for a first ddown we win !

Blame Jauron for this loss. We should have won.

768282[/snapback]

I'll never get used to the Bills losing. It sucks, especially when it's this same crap over and over. Bills get lead and have all the momentum. Big play goes against Bills, momentum shifts. Bills give away the lead. Bills actually make a play or two, but there is always a penalty that calls it back. It's maddening.

Remind me how big your lead was again???

768290[/snapback]

The biggest was by 10... Not much more than one score... Yah, two scores... Yet, a FG isn't really that much.

Nothing against a team like the Pats... That can click.

Reminds me of Bledsoe's debut with the Pats and Parcells... When the Pats blew a 14-0 lead to Kelly and the Bills.

Just like today... You knew back then the Bills would march down and pull it out.

The Pats turned the tables on the young Bills today!

I'll field this one.

"But...but...but...I'm tired of waiting!  This team is never going to get any better!  Bills r teh suck!"

768366[/snapback]

then jump !@#$ing ship . there is no way 3 weeks ago that you thought we would be any good . we played a very good game .

How much of that though is BECAUSE we constantly give up on our coaching staff?  Dont get me wrong, I wasnt a huge fan of Meathead towards the end...but at the same time the constant overhaul of coaching staffs cant be a good way to teach the players how to close out games.

Just seems like we are often quick to execute the coaches around these parts.

768342[/snapback]

That's why I'm steering most of the blame on the players for this loss. They should know how to fight hard for 60 mins and not get soft when other teams pick it up.

You all need to relax.

The Bills lost by 2 points.  Two !@#$ing points against the Pats.

- Coaching staff's first real game with the Bills

- JP's 9th start in 3 years (in a brand new offense nontheless)

- Brand new defense

- Lots of new starters on the O-line and Defense.

I don't understand how you all can be so negative given the circumstances and expectations of this team.

Please explain how losing to the Pats by two god damn points is so bad, because I truly don't understand it.

768255[/snapback]

Reality Check

The Bills allowed over 100 yards of rushing to a team with no passing game in the 1st half.

lol

I defy anyone here to say that Losman didn't look vastly improved over last year.

768372[/snapback]

But, but wait, it's only the first game. Give him time to regress. :D

He did look much better, but I don't feel too comfy yet when it's late in the game and we need pts. When he produces a few 4th qtr comeback wins, I'll feel much better.

Reality Check

The Bills allowed over 100 yards of rushing to a team with no passing game in the 1st half.

768399[/snapback]

Wait, you mean the Bills shutdown the Pats' quick passing offense and forced them to attempt to win it with their biggest question mark on offense (the running backs)?

Damn, you're right, this team and the coaching staff suck. [/sarcasm]

You know, I can understand being disappointed with the loss. I, too, was sad that the Bills lost. But I can't help noticing the improvement this year over last year, and I'm not going to completely throw this team away because they gave up a lead against the best team in the division.

Only 3 coaches in their debuts with their team's won today. Their opponents were Tennessee, Cleveland, and Denver. Only one out of the 3 was a decent opponent.

I'm interested in seeing how JP performs after he gets some experience in a non-vanilla offense (aka preseason). I have the feeling that our offense when we meet New England in Buffalo in October is going to be a whole helluva lot different then what we saw today.