There is hope

Peter

As disappointed as I was with the outcome, we came pretty close to beating the best team in the NFL over the past few years in their stadium.

JP is making progress. He is not completely there just yet -- but he is giving me reason for being optimistic. The only ball that he short hopped (that I recall) was not his fault (he could not step into the ball because of the rush).

We have some pretty good skill players on offense. When they were given a chance, they performed well -- both RBs, Lee, PP, and Reed (who made some pretty good catches).

Our speed on defense is excellent. The young DBs have a lot of potential and looked pretty good for their first game.

Our linebackers moved well and made plays when the d-line gave them half a chance.

Lindell hit a great kick.

I have a lot more confidence in this staff than I did with the previous staff. I am optimistic that DJ, SF, and PF can do the job.

The bad news: both or offensive line and defensive line got beat up at the point of attack. Watch the line play for the rest of the season. We will start winning when we win the battle up front. It is very simple. Unfortunately, this has been our problem for many years.

BM also had an uncharacteristic day punting the ball. There was a time there when I thought that maybe we should bring that aussie rules guy back. I am confident that BM can bounce back.

If we beat Miami in Miami next week, we all will be feeling a whole lot better. The key is that we have to bounce back. The Dolphins saw that the Pats beat us up at the point of attack and will try to do the same thing. We will find out next Sunday if we can stop them and create space for our playmakers.