Refreshing thoughts

loadofmularkey

FIRST, I think I know how Bills Nation truly feels after today's game, and I think the mood is generally somewhat positive. Yes we lost the game, but it went right down to the very end ON THE ROAD, there were a few questionable calls in the 4th, there were key injures on the defense and the mistakes that were made today are correctable. That being said, I know I'm not an elder member of this board by any means but if you have less than 20 posts and you start a thread proclaiming that "this is the same old Bills" are "we are doomed" I hereby refuse to read it.

Now that that's out of the way...

-- JP Losman did not look anything like the "bad" quarterback that many of the experts have already written him off as. Losman was accurate, smart and athletic. He threw away many balls that he wouldn't have last year. He completed a nice pass on 3rd down to Peerless that was called back. I was VERY impressed with Losman today.

-- Donte Whitner had a big interception and should have a big gain/TD. I would love to hear what Mel Kiper Jr. and all the other pundits thought about that play.

-- Willis McGahee had a beautiful run after catch in the first half. That is the McGahee we drafted. That is the McGahee we will see more of as the season goes on. For those you with your panties in a bunch because he didn't do anything the 2nd half...chalk it up to a Super Bowl head coach. I'm serious.

-- Tom Brady was rattled. Our defense got to him early and often and Marcia was not expecting that. Yes Brady improved in the 2nd half but they didn't win BECAUSE of him.

-- The ever-faithful Foxboro fans BOOED the Patriots at halftime. Just think about that for a second. I watched the game with a Pats fan was utterly silent until the 4th quarter. Only after they won did he admit how scared he was. We caught EVERYONE from the NE coaches to the players to the fans with their pants down today and we almost pulled it off.

-- Anthony Thomas was impressive.

The fact is everyone, we have a team with some talent. I know we're all sick and tired of mediocrity, but if everyone could just relax and analyze this game for a few minutes you'd realize how meaningful it was. I really believe this was a giant step in the right direction. Rebuilding can't happen overnight...it comes in spurts. Today was a spurt and a growing step. For those of you too impatient and too fed up to realize that...fine. See ya. I'm sticking with this team. There's something there.