The "Naked Bootleg"

spidey

I hadnt heard post game reports that implied this was supposed to be a naked bootleg but you must be kidding me. To call a naked bootleg on 4th and 3 on critical drive is INSANE. Plus if you look at the replay IF the bootleg was supposed to go to the left the Bills were actually stacked left and not spread to the right side of field. To take time out and huddle on side of field and than to call something like this ( even if Travis blows out Bruschi ) the entire damn play is a bust anyways since Seymore was also crashing from the right and would have got Drew. Plus with Drew being a right handed thrower if you were to bootleg ya would go right so if its covered ya could at least try to make something happen by throwing the damn ball.

I am not blaming the game on a single player but the defense with all that Blitzing could NEVER get to Brady and he just seems to have all the time in the damn world to stand back and pick out his receivers. McNally its time to look at Pats tapes and figure out how to disguise the holding like the Pats do since it seems to really work.

I hadnt heard post game reports that implied this was supposed to be a naked bootleg but you must be kidding me.  To call a naked bootleg on 4th and 3 on critical drive is INSANE. Plus if you look at the replay IF the bootleg was supposed to go to the left the Bills were actually stacked left and not spread to the right side of field.  To take time out and huddle on side of field and than to call something like this ( even if Travis blows out Bruschi ) the entire damn play is a bust anyways since Seymore was also crashing from the right and would have got Drew.  Plus with Drew being a right handed thrower if you were to bootleg ya would go right so if its covered ya could at least try to make something happen by throwing the damn ball.

I am not blaming the game on a single player but the defense with all that Blitzing could NEVER get to Brady and he just seems to have all the time in the damn world to stand back and pick out his receivers.  McNally its time to look at Pats tapes and figure out how to disguise the holding like the Pats do since it seems to really work.

55376[/snapback]

Whether it was a good call or a bad call, the play had no chance of success when Travis went the wrong way and allowed Bruschi to blow up the play and when Price whiffed on Seymour.

It was a comedy of errors.

I could care less about the execution. If that was in fact that call, MM should be fired. That call in that situation is FAR worse than anything GW ever did.

Bledsoe on a naked bootleg against the leauge's best defense. Really...think about that for a minute. Someone actually believed that had a higher chance of success than throwing a quick curl or slant to Moulds?

Whether it was a good call or a bad call, the play had no chance of success when Travis went the wrong way and allowed Bruschi to blow up the play and when Price whiffed on Seymour.

It was a comedy of errors.

55457[/snapback]

True...but does anybody think that Travis could have actually blocked Bruschi had he went the right way? I've seen Travis' blocking and I have little doubt he would have whiffed on that block big time.

True...but does anybody think that Travis could have actually blocked Bruschi had he went the right way?  I've seen Travis' blocking and I have little doubt he would have whiffed on that block big time.

55483[/snapback]

Not with Sobieski at Center....no knock on him but he is a back up going against some pretty damn good talent on D.

True...but does anybody think that Travis could have actually blocked Bruschi had he went the right way?  I've seen Travis' blocking and I have little doubt he would have whiffed on that block big time.

55483[/snapback]

That is even a better point.

Travis cannot block.

Firstly, if it was indeed supposed to be a "naked bootleg" on 4th and 3, Drew Bledsoe is the last QB I would want runnig that on a crucial play, against a very aggressive pass rush. I am not blaming Drew for the loss, but that would be an awful play call...

Secondly, over the last 3 or 4 seasons, you ever notice that when the Bills take a time out to discuss a crucial play (ie: converting a 4th down to tie a game in the waning minutes) they almost always come up with a broken play. It has been going on like this for a few years now...

Something like that should not have been run on 4th and 3. If they were thinking of that, it should have been done on 3rd down, I know the result could have been the same, but you don't do a trick play on 4th down. Huge very bad call for the new coaching staff.

Although, if it actually worked we'd be calling him a genius right now.

4th and 3 with the game on the line.... what do the Bills do?  Don't give it to the back that has been averaging 4.1 yards a carry.  Let the the slowest QB in the league run a bootleg.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: piss poor play calling

55562[/snapback]

The gave it to that guy the play before. What did he do with the opportunity?