Crispy wings from an oven

You can't. Impossible. I don't care who says they can do it--its just not real. Real Buffalo wings always come from a deep fryer. I used to have a Fry Daddy deep fryer, those work well and you can easily cook them outside (deck) or a garage.

Lat year, in preparation for some of us to tailgate at a Bills game, I bought a Turkey Fryer. It was the greatest 40 bucks I ever spent. Go to target and look for it. It is the one with a propane hook up. This way you can use it outside and notsmell up your house - justuse your grill's propane tank. It comes with a basket and stand. I can also put it on my range (I have a big range with hood in my kitchen - but outside is best). Once hot, a couple pounds of wings take around 30 mins. This option is so much better than those plastic, kitchen-ready little fryers. If you are making wings, you MUST do it right.

Hope this helps.

Before this gets moved, I STILL haven't bought a deep fryer and have been relying on making wings in the oven.  They still don't come close to the crispiness of deep-fried wings, but I haven't tried a whole lot of tricks.  Anyone got any?  Thanks in advance.

766635[/snapback]

Bake at a high temp...about 475 for an hour should due it!!!

check after 30 minutes proceed accordingly there after!

Put a little olive oil on the backing pan first. Don't know why but it makes them taste a little better. And no you can get "truely" crispy wings from frying, but you can get some pretty decent ones. I usually go at 425 for just over an hour. Better then most of the local wings places, just a pain in the ass to clean up, prepare, etc....

Place wings on a broiler pan so they don't sit in the grease also if you want you can pull them just before there done and place them under the broiler. turn them a couple times and there finished in 10 minutes the key is to get them out of the grease at some point.......experimentation is fun......:-).........deep fried wings are deadly enough........

Yeah, I put them on a wire rack over a foil-line baking pan to prevent them from sitting in the grease and making cleanup easier.  I'm trying to get all the moisture out of them that I can first before I cook them, and then I'll do the 425-450 for an hour method.

766737[/snapback]

I cut 'em, and pat them dry. Then a light brushing with an olive oil / Frank's Sauce mix - don't overdo it.

The Frank's Hot Sauce bottle says bake at 425 for an hour. Mine never take that long.

I turn them once. They get fairly crisp - again, not a lot of oil.

I shake 'em with some Franks, some tobasco, salt, pepper, paprika.

...I tried turning on the broiler one time. They charred very quickly, and I had to throw them out. I won't do it again...