NFL to Stream Games via Yahoo

millbank

NFL Gamepass

NFL Streaming

NFL fans outside North America, who can view few games on television, will be able to watch most of the league's games live over the Internet under a subscription package announced Friday.

The NFL Game Pass service will be available through Yahoo Inc. for $25 a week or $250 for the 17-week regular season.

Yahoo will block access to the games from computers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Bermuda and Antigua because the service would conflict with existing broadcast rights.

- $25.00 per game. - $250.00 per season certainly is very costly for games online.

NFL Gamepass

NFL Streaming

NFL fans outside North America, who can view few games on television, will be able to watch most of the league's games live over the Internet under a subscription package announced Friday.

The NFL Game Pass service will be available through Yahoo Inc. for $25 a week or $250 for the 17-week regular season.

Yahoo will block access to the games from computers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Bermuda and Antigua because the service would conflict with existing broadcast rights.

- $25.00 per game. - $250.00 per season certainly is very costly for games online.

765761[/snapback]

What a rip. And to think that the stream would probably falter and break down at times forcing the viewer to have to wait for the feed to buffer.

This will certainly not pan out. American football is not exactly the most popular sport in other countries.

Now I'm not ripping soccer, it's quite fun to play but as far as watching it is concerned I'd rather watch fat people have really sloppy intercourse.

What a rip.  And to think that the stream would probably falter and break down at times forcing the viewer to have to wait for the feed to buffer.

This will certainly not pan out.  American football is not exactly the most popular sport in other countries.

Now I'm not ripping soccer, it's quite fun to play but as far as watching it is concerned I'd rather watch fat people have really sloppy intercourse.

765780[/snapback]

May not pan out to Europeans, but it's great for people Americans who are over season who can't watch games! I'm overseas right now and will be checking this out tomorrow.

What a rip.  And to think that the stream would probably falter and break down at times forcing the viewer to have to wait for the feed to buffer.

This will certainly not pan out.  American football is not exactly the most popular sport in other countries.

765780[/snapback]

Kind of like a line of scrimmage?

NFL Gamepass

NFL Streaming

765761[/snapback]

Someone else said it a few days ago, but all of the $$ stuff surrounding the NFL is starting to turn me off of it. I *love* the bills but the $ of the ticket, field pass, online this that... coupled with the "openness" of the NHL when the two are compared.. I see myself watching hockey one holy hell of a lot more this year. I'm going to spend the $180 on Center Ice, and if I happen to be at work when the Sabres play, I can listen to it online for free.

If this was available in the US, there's no way I'd spend $25 per game. The $250 for the season is only $30 less than Sunday Ticket!

Is it just me, or has it gotten worse over the past couple of years?

-Jeff

765780[/snapback]

A sizeable subset pays to do that now. :o

Good news for those stuck in Timbuktoo or I'm sure for USA fans soon. Someone will find a way to hack it.

Someone else said it a few days ago, but all of the $$ stuff surrounding the NFL is starting to turn me off of it.  I *love* the bills but the $ of the ticket, field pass, online this that...  coupled with the "openness" of the NHL when the two are compared.. I see myself watching hockey one holy hell of a lot more this year.  I'm going to spend the $180 on Center Ice, and if I happen to be at work when the Sabres play, I can listen to it online for free.

If this was available in the US, there's no way I'd spend $25 per game. The $250 for the season is only $30 less than Sunday Ticket!

Is it just me, or has it gotten worse over the past couple of years?

-Jeff

765906[/snapback]

The endless ways of squeezing people for that last marginal dollar will be the thing that eventually kills the NFL. Who in their right mind would pay for a radio broadcast? Why should people have to pay for something as crappy as a voice describing what is happening on a field, when we already support them through tax giveaways and public-financed stadiums? Too many pols who say, "Who cares, it's not my money! Here you go!"

Neil Young sang, "You pay for this / But they give you that."

The NFL doesn't even do the second part anymore, but they're just a culmination of the ethos of our society (which, when you read the studies you find out the consumerism/materialism is what makes us so depressed!) And it happens all around in this country to the point where you just want to grow a beard, wear flannel and move to Wisconsin.

NFL Gamepass

NFL Streaming

765761[/snapback]

That's way overpriced. MLB let's you purchase an annual sub for $80 and you get to watch every out-of-market game that day. Plus, you can watch a season's full (162 games!!!) of archives. For just $15 more you have access to the years audio sub too. Let's see if my math is good here $95<$250, correct? And 162 games > 16 games (just to follow one team, let's say)?

I'd get that in a heartbeat if the price was around $130 or thereabouts.

That's way overpriced.  MLB let's you purchase an annual sub for $80 and you get to watch every out-of-market game that day.  Plus, you can watch a season's full (162 games!!!) of archives.  For just $15 more you have access to the years audio sub too.  Let's see if my math is good here $95<$250, correct?    And 162 games > 16 games (just to follow one team, let's say)? 

I'd get that in a heartbeat if the price was around $130 or thereabouts.

766298[/snapback]

Your equation goes to hell because you are talking about baseball.