McKinnie about to sign long term extension

Albany,n.y.

I guess the bottomline is what do you and other OL draft fanatics suggest we should have done instead.

1. We should have given huge extensions to MW and JJ to meet your theory of good teams hang on to their OL players? 

2. TD should have passed on getting good and arguably best available players like NC, WM and Evans and instead should have gotten some OL player you fail to name even in hindsight?

I think these players are as good or probably better than the OL players really available to us even in hindsight.

3.  TD should have passed on filling needs at SS, DE, and DT when he made those first round choices and instead gone for OL and we would have been fine with Jenkins at SS, Chidi Ahanatou at DE, and Ron Edwards at DT?

Most of these need picks sucked but there was a need because the likely alternative that your OL draft strategy would have given us was even worse.  If you like most of us found Wire unacceptable imagine what it would have been with worse than even Wire at SS.

4. Do you want to argue that the Bills should have gonr to an OL draft focus right here right now to reverse their previous errors?

I don't think so with this draft.  The only OL players taken in the first round were D'Brick, Joseph and Mangold.  They would have needed to give up even more resources to trade up for D'Brick and aleady we had gaps at SS and DT to fill.  You really would need to propose some alternative fantasy strategy to make this work and I do not see what this is.  Even if one buys into your strategy of OL first, this is diffrent than an OL first through draft strategy.  I'm no sure that any of the winning teams you base the OL through draft strategy on do it by yes building the OL first, but do this by not only ignoring other needs like DT or SS but in fact increasing this need or lessening our draft and other resources by trading stuff to move up.

You need a partner to trade down so already going after Mangold or Josepph is theoretical.  However, i do not think that either of these two first round picks are being hailed as the long-term answer to TB or Jet woes.

In essence in reality, your draft OL proposal just does not seem to make sense in reality though it is a reasonable theory.

765911[/snapback]

1) Utter nonsense. You know damn well I have never suggested anything of the sort.

2) More nonsense. TD passed on Hutchinson who was a need AND the best player available when the Bills drafted Clements. They used the extra pick obtained in the trade down to draft a loser, Travis Henry.

3) Here, you question is vague and disingenuous. You list SS, DE, and DT. You forgot reaching for little Roscoe, trading up for a 1st round qb (which you have opposed on this board for years), an injured RB who we waited more than a season for, and the endless parade of 1st round corners.

Now do you remember?

4) You need a partner to trade down? Levy stated on Sirius Radio that he had several offers. He stated that Denver offered more than a 2nd to swap first round picks.

In summary, your entire post (which is really not indicative of your long history of great and informative posts) is (imo) bogus, and I am being kind. What point are you trying to make? That the Bills have been drafting wisely? Fine.....why is their record so poor for the last 10 years?

Either way, thanks for the conversation, and let's hope for a W tomorrow! :o

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic