McKinnie about to sign long term extension

Albany,n.y.

Remember when Donahoe put all those clippings in the press room in an attempt to say he was right choosing Mike Williams over Bryant McKinnie? Does TD still live in WNY, or has he crawled back to Pittsburgh? If he's still in the Buffalo are someone should print the link and dump a ton of them on his front lawn.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5948942

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never forget all the "I wouldn't wanna play poker with TD" posts. I admit he did some OK things but people were getting moronic about it. To feed myself some crow, I'll admit I leaned a little more towards Williams over McKinney(I wanted either or was prepared to pick off TD from the stands), but man, would McKinney look quite a bit better than our current LT, although Gandy has outlived my expectations. Here's to you TD, kissing my *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll never forget all the "I wouldn't wanna play poker with TD" posts. I admit he did some OK things but people were getting moronic about it. To feed myself some crow, I'll admit I leaned a little more towards Williams over McKinney(I wanted either or was prepared to pick off TD from the stands), but man, would McKinney look quite a bit better than our current LT, although Gandy has outlived my expectations. Here's to you TD, kissing my *** !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

765660[/snapback]

.. I'll fess up.. I thought the guy was smart .. and after that Peerless Price thing I vigorously defended all his other moves.

I thought he was a master at managing the cap. Now I know better.. if you dump off all of your high prices players.. of course your cap will go down.. but so do the numbers in the win column.

Whats do I get?.. I defended TD.. I was wrong.

I'd rather roll the dice that Peters develops and is our future LT than sign McKinnie to that kind of contract. If he does develop into the player the coaching staff thinks he can I have no doubt he'll be moved to LT.

Let's see . . . the Vikings drafted an offensive lineman, he worked out well, so they extended his contract before it expired.  Some GMs would have shrugged their shoulders, let the guy head to San Francisco in free agency, and have replaced him with a Mike Gandy.

765714[/snapback]

Are you seriously complaining about the Bills not overpaying for an injury prone Jennings? Donahoe made a lot of mistakes, not re-signing Jennings wasn't one of them. Tell me, how many games has Jennings played for the 49ers thus far?

It was humorous how some people on this board (and TD) went out of their way to bash McKinnie to try to justify picking Mike Williams.

Their careers have gone in opposite directions. This pick was TD's biggest failure. Picking a right tackle at number four over a left tackle who had not allowed a sack.

TD made a few shrewd moves. This was not one of them. It was especially sad when he and/or his minions took that cheap shot at McKinnie last year.

Let's see . . . the Vikings drafted an offensive lineman, he worked out well, so they extended his contract before it expired.  Some GMs would have shrugged their shoulders, let the guy head to San Francisco in free agency, and have replaced him with a Mike Gandy.

765714[/snapback]

Are you actually arguing that the Bills should have dug deep in their wallets and exrended Jonas Jennings?

I agree with the theory of your argument that it is great to draft top flight OL players on the 1st day and sign them. However. would you argue that this theory should be applied to the 1st day OL choices the Bills made?

I do not think amyone is crazy enough to say that the Bills should have extended Mike Williams so if you want to be a slave to your theory the reality says no. Perhaps one can argue that the Bills made poor OL choices and assessments (well dun!) but there is certainly nothing brilliant about that observation and if you want to engage in the 20/20 hindsight of arguing we should have chosen Levi Jones that is a well duhh also.

The direct implication of your post that you feel a good GM would have hauled out the big bucks to extend Jennings when in 4 years here he never started )oreven was available for) 16 games at OL. In fact his last season here saw him rack up 14 starts but given that he went out early in the games before the two missed starts the Bills needed a back-up like Price to fill for Jennings in 1/4 of the games that season.

It is no wonder that the injury prone nature of Jennings which was hinted at strongly here (he not only missed a chunk of the games but his injuries occured to different parts of his body with a concussion here, a damaged pectoral muscle there and an ankle sprain another time.

It was no wonder he quickly went on IR with SF last year with uet another injury.

The irony here is that though Gandy is probably judged to be as adeqiate at best as LT last year, TD and JMac at least deserve some credit because he did start 16 for the Bills at LT (see it can be done). His record prior to that was ot one of a player that you can expect to start 16 for you. The difference is that Gandy cost a little over a million to be an adequate player and Jenning would have cost some huge numeber (I think his cap hit is in the $5 million or so range) to sit on IR.

Gamdy was clearly a better LT than JJ last year and his prospects for being a better LT are pretty good as JJ shows all signs of being a lost cause due to injury and Gandy is a we will see at worst.

What are you arguing here, because if it is based on the reality of the players with the Bills it seems to make little sense.

Are you actually arguing that the Bills should have dug deep in their wallets and exrended Jonas Jennings?

I agree with the theory of your argument that it is great to draft top flight OL players on the 1st day and sign them.  However. would you argue that this theory should be applied to the 1st day OL choices the Bills made?

I do not think amyone is crazy enough to say that the Bills should have extended Mike Williams so if you want to be a slave to your theory the reality says no.  Perhaps one can argue that the Bills made poor OL choices and assessments (well dun!) but there is certainly nothing brilliant about that observation and if you want to engage in the 20/20 hindsight of arguing we should have chosen Levi Jones that is a well duhh also.

The direct implication of your post that you feel a good GM would have hauled out the big bucks to extend Jennings when in 4 years here he never started )oreven was available for) 16 games at OL.  In fact his last season here saw him rack up 14 starts but given that he went out early in the games before the two missed starts the Bills needed a back-up like Price to fill for Jennings in 1/4 of the games that season.

It is no wonder that the injury prone nature of Jennings which was hinted at strongly here (he not only missed a chunk of the games but his injuries occured to different parts of his body with a concussion here, a damaged pectoral muscle there and an ankle sprain another time.

It was no wonder he quickly went on IR with SF last year with uet another injury.

The irony here is that though Gandy is probably judged to be as adeqiate at best as LT last year, TD and JMac at least deserve some credit because he did start 16 for the Bills at LT (see it can be done).  His record prior to that was ot one of a player that you can expect to start 16 for you.  The difference is that Gandy cost a little over a million to be an adequate player and Jenning would have cost some huge numeber (I think his cap hit is in the $5 million or so range) to sit on IR.

Gamdy was clearly a better LT than JJ last year and his prospects for being a better LT are pretty good as JJ shows all signs of being a lost cause due to injury and Gandy is a we will see at worst.

What are you arguing here, because if it is based on the reality of the players with the Bills it seems to make little sense.

765746[/snapback]

I said the exact same thing a few posts up but only used three sentences. :doh: