Willis comments from BB.com

BUFFALOTONE

Asked if it bothers him that the Bills arent getting any respect.

"It's a good thing because people aren't going to worry about us," he said. "They consider us underdogs and say we're at the bottom and we're not going to do anything so that's a plus. But we want to go out there and prove them wrong."

It seems like a matter of personal pride for McGahee. He clearly feels he hasn't shown what he is truly capable of as a player in this league, much like his team the past few seasons.

"I've just got to go out there and prove a point," he said. "The whole team has to go out there and prove a point, not just for this organization, but for the city of Buffalo."

I have heard people saying that Willis is gone after this year and i am just not buying it. He seems genuine in his statements and more grown up. I hope this kid does have a break out year for us. GO BILLS!!

$ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $ $

765221[/snapback]

If he doesnt have a great year you dont think the Bills will pay him. That doesnt make any sense what so ever. I believe that they will work things out and he will be a Bill for a long time. He has committed himself to this team and you cant ask for much more than that.

If he doesnt have a great year you dont think the Bills will pay him. That doesnt make any sense what so ever. I believe that they will work things out and he will be a Bill for a long time. He has committed himself to this team and you cant ask for much more than that.

765237[/snapback]

And does anyone remember who his agent is...? Why, it's all-time good guy Drew Rosenhaus. :doh: Drew has one and one goal only when it comes to working things out...the most money possible. I would be shocked if this whole thing works out well for us.

And does anyone remember who his agent is...?  Why, it's all-time good guy Drew Rosenhaus.  :doh:  Drew has one and one goal only when it comes to working things out...the most money possible.  I would be shocked if this whole thing works out well for us.

765251[/snapback]

That is every agent's goal. Nonetheless, Rosenhaus' bark is much worse than his bite. For all the negative publicity he gets he rarely has players hold out.

And does anyone remember who his agent is...?  Why, it's all-time good guy Drew Rosenhaus.  :doh:  Drew has one and one goal only when it comes to working things out...the most money possible.  I would be shocked if this whole thing works out well for us.

765251[/snapback]

As much as I dislike Drew, he would not be doing his job otherwise. That is what an agent does.

I have heard people saying that Willis is gone after this year and i am just not buying it. He seems genuine in his statements and more grown up.

765202[/snapback]

I'm one of those guys and I'm here to tell you if he has a good year, he's gone. Rosendouche will hold him out, pawn him around, and get top dollar.

Willis is saying these things because he is trying to come across as a team player.

Why?

Because everyone else on the team is, and he at least knows he needs to stay in step with the new Bills' philosophy or he'll be branded as a trouble guy, thus lowering his trade value.

I'm hopeful he does have a breakout year so we have something to cheer for. If you watched last night's game, you could hope the Bills use Willis like the Steelers were using Parker. Beyond handing off to him, get him the ball in the open field and let him do his stuff.

But again. If he succeeds, he's gone, in part because he doesn't want to be here and in part because the Bills won't give him the big contract. And no one wants to be more wrong than me.

I'm one of those guys and I'm here to tell you if he has a good year, he's gone. Rosendouche will hold him out, pawn him around, and get top dollar.

Willis is saying these things because he is trying to come across as a team player.

Why?

Because everyone else  on the team is, and he at least knows he needs to stay in step with the new Bills' philosophy or he'll be branded as a trouble guy, thus lowering his trade value.

765316[/snapback]

If someone does not want to be part of your team, you cannot force him...like a Eric Moulds.....

If WM has a good season and hold out in the off-season, Marv will be picking a RB in the 1st round to send a message to Willis and then trade Willis for a 1st rounder to some NFC team where he can go and have fun.

Or if both JP and Lee Evans have a great year this season, then WM will shut up and get the correct deal for himself to form a potent 3 some that will have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in the next few years.

If someone does not want to be part of your team, you cannot force him...like a Eric Moulds.....

If WM has a good season and hold out in the off-season, Marv will be picking a RB in the 1st round to send a message to Willis  and then trade Willis for a 1st rounder to some NFC team where he can go and have fun. 

Or if both JP and Lee Evans have a great year this season, then WM will shut up and get the correct deal for himself to form a potent 3 some that will have a legitimate shot at the playoffs in the next few years.

765343[/snapback]

I am so tired of using first round draft picks to replace first round draft picks that we let go. At some point this cycle has to end.

I am so tired of using first round draft picks to replace first round draft picks that we let go.  At some point this cycle has to end.

765350[/snapback]

Again, this is the case only if Willis DOES NOT WANT TO play for the bills no matter what they offer him....Otherwise Marv and Wilson should show him

the money and lock him up for his career here.

Why?

Because everyone else  on the team is, and he at least knows he needs to stay in step with the new Bills' philosophy or he'll be branded as a trouble guy, thus lowering his trade value.

I'm hopeful he does have a breakout year so we have something to cheer for. If you watched last night's game, you could hope the Bills use Willis like the Steelers were using Parker. Beyond handing off to him, get him the ball in the open field and let him do his stuff.

But again. If he succeeds, he's gone, in part because he doesn't want to be here and in part because the Bills won't give him the big contract. And no one wants to be more wrong than me.

765316[/snapback]

Dude you are over thinking way to much into this. Honestly why would a professional athlete pretend to form bonds with his teammates, if he wanted to be a dick he wouldnt talk to the media. I cant believe that he would be going out of his way to do something like this.

Dude you are over thinking way to much into this. Honestly why would a professional athlete pretend to form  bonds with his teammates, if he wanted to be  a dick he wouldnt talk to the media. I cant believe that he would be going out of his way to do something like this.

765373[/snapback]

He didn't talk to the media in that quote. He talked to BuffaloBills.com, which in essence is the company newsletter. I'm not an Xs and Os guy, so I stick with the part of the game I can relate to: the element of positioning a product for sale. I may be overthinking it, but Willis needs to grow up some before he's able to determine why he plays the game. Right now, I don't get the impression he plays for the love of the game, but for the love of the dough so he and his bros from The U can get together and work out and talk about their bling...whatever the hell that is.

Why?

765316[/snapback]

About the only nice thing I can say about your post is that I like your avatar.

You have NO basis whatsoever to draw the conclusions that you reach. It appears that your continued anti-Willis posts are driven by your irrational dislike for him and the Hurricanes (as with some other people on this board).

765316[/snapback]

I hate rosenhaus as much as anyone, but to be fair, TO was the onyl one of rosensleaze's clients to actually hold out. The others threatened it, missed some OTA's, and then reported to camp with their tails between their legs.

Also, a lot of people forget...the big names causing a stir (TO, Javon walker to name a few) FIRED their agents and hired Rosenhaus to specifically get them a new deal. There was an article last year, when the fracas was going on, about how a lot of agents told their players they wouldnt do that for them. Rosenhaus would. Hence the players fire their agent and hire drew.

So yes, if willis wants to hold out, rosenhaus will be there for him. But just because drew is willi's agent, doesnt MEAN willis will automatically hold out. If the Bills are happy with willis, they shoudl make an attempt to lock him up next offseason. If you want to keep your young players, you cant keep on letting hit free agency. You need to lock them up beforehand.

I actually like Rosenhaus. While he talks a big game, he really gets it -- he knows that players suffer more by holding out than not -- so he's agressive at the outset and fights hard for his clients. He has had a very good relationship with the Bills up until this point, so I have no doubt that if Willis leaves, it is certainly not because of Rosenhaus.

But let's face it -- Willis is a warm weather guy, a Miami guy. I'm sure he has nothing against Buffalo, but I bet there are plenty of places he'd rather play. Guys like Nate Clements, London Fletcher, Dontae Whitner -- they're from the Ohio area and it makes sense for them to play in Buffalo. Guys from far away like Losman embrace the local community and force themselves to become apart of it. Willis? Not so sure... and that's not saying anything bad about him. Fact of the matter is we all have a choice of where we want to live and work and have our obvious preferences, like and dislikes.

I am hopeful the Bills can lock him up, but even if they don't, they are in no way doomed. Solid running backs are plentiful from a supply standpoint and can be found easily in the draft as well.

I hate rosenhaus as much as anyone, but to be fair, TO was the onyl one of rosensleaze's clients to actually hold out. The others threatened it, missed some OTA's, and then reported to camp with their tails between their legs.

Also, a lot of people forget...the big names causing a stir (TO, Javon walker to name a few) FIRED their agents and hired Rosenhaus to specifically get them a new deal. There was an article last year, when the fracas was going on, about how a lot of agents told their players they wouldnt do that for them. Rosenhaus would. Hence the players fire their agent and hire drew.

So yes, if willis wants to hold out, rosenhaus will be there for him. But just because drew is willi's agent, doesnt MEAN willis will automatically hold out. If the Bills are happy with willis, they shoudl make an attempt to lock him up next offseason. If you want to keep your young players, you cant keep on letting hit free agency. You need to lock them up beforehand.

765442[/snapback]

Guest dog14787
Asked if it bothers him that the Bills arent getting any respect.

"It's a good thing because people aren't going to worry about us," he said. "They consider us underdogs and say we're at the bottom and we're not going to do anything so that's a plus. But we want to go out there and prove them wrong."

It seems like a matter of personal pride for McGahee. He clearly feels he hasn't shown what he is truly capable of as a player in this league, much like his team the past few seasons.

"I've just got to go out there and prove a point," he said. "The whole team has to go out there and prove a point, not just for this organization, but for the city of Buffalo."

I have heard people saying that Willis is gone after this year and i am just not buying it. He seems genuine in his statements and more grown up. I hope this kid does have a break out year for us. GO BILLS!!

765202[/snapback]

:P Doggies Hero!!! I'm not the only one that feels this way. In my heart Willis is the best running back in the NFL.

Regardless of what the stats say at the end of the year. It's a miracle that he ever stepped onto the field again at all.

I thank God and modern medicine for giving this young man a chance to play again, and us a chance to watch him play!!!

:doh: