Howard Balzer dropped the H Bomb on the Pats

Howard Balzer, who used to write for Pro Football Weekly, and knows about as much about football as anybody in sports, has a radio show in St. Louis. Every week he drops an H Bomb on somebody.....sort of an upset special. He dropped it on New England, saying the Bills will cover, and may win the game outright.

Good to know somebody out there in the world has a little faith in our boys. Well, maybe he has a disrespect for the Pats.

I got this off a FF site that gives game by game analysis for this week and this is what they had to say about the Buf @ NE:

Buffalo at New England 1:00 p.m.

Division rivals Buffalo and New England clash in Foxboro Sunday afternoon. When these two teams met for the first time at Gillette stadium last season, Willis McGahee tallied over 150 all-purpose yards but didn’t get into the end zone once. The Bills only scored 6 rushing touchdowns all season in 2005. With J.P. Losman under center this team will have to score on the ground if they want to contend in this game or this season for that matter.

The Patriots are not as dominant as they once were, but are still the favorite in the AFC East until another team supplants them. Belichick and Brady remain united and Corey Dillon should be ready to go but questions at the WR position may plague this team in Week 1. With Deion Branch holding out and Reche Caldwell looking like, well, Reche Caldwell, the Pats traded with Oakland for Doug Gabriel. Even if Branch decides to end his holdout with the team, I doubt he would receive any playing time this week, which means the Patriots, will line up with Gabriel, Caldwell, rookie Chad Jackson and the ageless Troy Brown at WR. While Brady is excellent at breaking down defensive schemes, I think this will limit their passing game substantially allowing the Bills defense to load up against the run.

Fantasy Focus

Buffalo: New offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild will build his game plan around McGahee and plans on utilizing his pass catching skills more in 2006. McGahee will receive over 30 touches in this game and should produce huge yardage totals and I believe he gets multiple touchdowns in this game. The Bills ground attack will also help open the door for some long pass plays to Lee Evans.

Start: McGahee

Consider: Evans and Lindell

Sit: Defense, Losman, Reed, and Price

New England: Can Brady produce with less than spectacular options at WR? Yes, but not this week, as they will need more time to learn the playbook and create chemistry. Brady will disappoint fantasy owners who selected him as the second or third QB off the board in this game. The Bills’ secondary should allow the front seven to play the run. If Brady works his magic and proves me wrong, TE Ben Watson and Gabriel should be the benefactors.

Start: Dillon and Watson

Consider: Gabriel and Brady

Sit: Caldwell, Jackson, and Gostkowski

Score: Buffalo 24 New England 21Buffalo at New England 1:00 p.m.

Division rivals Buffalo and New England clash in Foxboro Sunday afternoon. When these two teams met for the first time at Gillette stadium last season, Willis McGahee tallied over 150 all-purpose yards but didn’t get into the end zone once. The Bills only scored 6 rushing touchdowns all season in 2005. With J.P. Losman under center this team will have to score on the ground if they want to contend in this game or this season for that matter.

The Patriots are not as dominant as they once were, but are still the favorite in the AFC East until another team supplants them. Belichick and Brady remain united and Corey Dillon should be ready to go but questions at the WR position may plague this team in Week 1. With Deion Branch holding out and Reche Caldwell looking like, well, Reche Caldwell, the Pats traded with Oakland for Doug Gabriel. Even if Branch decides to end his holdout with the team, I doubt he would receive any playing time this week, which means the Patriots, will line up with Gabriel, Caldwell, rookie Chad Jackson and the ageless Troy Brown at WR. While Brady is excellent at breaking down defensive schemes, I think this will limit their passing game substantially allowing the Bills defense to load up against the run.

Fantasy Focus

Buffalo: New offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild will build his game plan around McGahee and plans on utilizing his pass catching skills more in 2006. McGahee will receive over 30 touches in this game and should produce huge yardage totals and I believe he gets multiple touchdowns in this game. The Bills ground attack will also help open the door for some long pass plays to Lee Evans.

Start: McGahee

Consider: Evans and Lindell

Sit: Defense, Losman, Reed, and Price

New England: Can Brady produce with less than spectacular options at WR? Yes, but not this week, as they will need more time to learn the playbook and create chemistry. Brady will disappoint fantasy owners who selected him as the second or third QB off the board in this game. The Bills’ secondary should allow the front seven to play the run. If Brady works his magic and proves me wrong, TE Ben Watson and Gabriel should be the benefactors.

Start: Dillon and Watson

Consider: Gabriel and Brady

Sit: Caldwell, Jackson, and Gostkowski

Score: Buffalo 24 New England 21

The Bills could cover.  I couldn't bring myself to predict an outright win.  But if they do, the Dolphins immediately are in trouble next week, and the Bills could exceed anyone's expectations for the year.

765106[/snapback]

The Dolphins will be in trouble every week. On and off the field.

Howard Balzer, who used to write for Pro Football Weekly, and knows about as much about football as anybody in sports, has a radio show in St. Louis.  Every week he drops an H Bomb on somebody.....sort of an upset special.  He dropped it on New England, saying the Bills will cover, and may win the game outright. 

Good to know somebody out there in the world has a little faith in our boys.  Well, maybe he has a disrespect for the Pats.

765055[/snapback]

He will look like genius if we win. But I'm not counting on us doing that. Rome wasn't built in a day and this Bills team will be exciting, but it needs time and a few more players