I can't remember the last time...

Cugalabanza

...I witnessed a Bills victory on my own tv in my own home. I'm sure there are a lot of people like me--living away from WNY, don't have or can't get DirectTV.

The Bills have had precious few prime time or national games in recent years. And what few they've had, they've lost.

This year will be really bad for tv coverage outside of WNY. All 16 of the Bills games are at Sunday 1pm. Ripoff!

I know the Bills are far from a premier team in the league right now, but considering how the NFL keeps expanding the number of featured games, you'd think they could throw us at least one.

This year there are 37 prime time games that everyone gets (Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights). 74 team slots. Bills got zip.

In addition to this, there are 54 Sunday 4pm games--this is kind of a semi-featured slot, where you have at least a better chance of seeing your team on TV. 108 team slots. They couldn't even throw us a bone here.

Ripoff!

[end rant]

Ralph and the Bills appear to lobbying strongly and successfully for all home gaes to be at 1pm om Sunday as part of the regional marketing strategy for the Bills. When home games are in the evening (or even at 4pm on Sunday) it makes it much harder for a fan from Syracuse, Erie, Corning or even the Southern tier of Ontario given the traffic mess, to commit to 4-6 hours of roundtrip travel with a bills game in the middle of it.

It struck me as odd that even the road games were not night time games (as they have been in the recent past in NE) and the left coast is always later in the afternoon) but I can potentially see the Bills lobbying to get all their games standardized for competitive reasons and also to make "destination" viewing an even easier sell to the market.

I understand what you are saying regarding out of town viewing, but certainly for me as a WNY it is more convenient for me. Basically my lovely spouse comtrols the schedule of interactions with the family, and this year I could simply ask her to leave Sunday during the day free rather than negotiating whether this happened to be a night game or late game weekend (the bye week is the only coordination need).

Basically, the shedule cuts different ways for different folks, but the organizing framework is the Bills regional marketing strategy and they have actively and Ralph has publicly lobbied for 1pm hom starts so that far away folks are not confronted with the choice of driving home on a school night after midnight.

Have you seen how Buffalo plays during primetime games????

THey play horrible on primetime games and you want to see them play in more of them?????

What have they done recently to deserve a primetime game? Maybe they should put a Buffalo/San Fran game on Monday night football, that would bring in huge national ratings.

Wait until the team starts doing well and becoming competitive again, then you will see the NFL wanting the Bills on Prime time cause they will draw rating (which is #1 to them)

Personnally, I like all 1pm games, its a great way to start a Sunday off, and I am usually calmed down by the the time I go to bed after watching them lose.

If its because they are not nationally televised if they play at 1 and you don't live in the area, then pony up the cash and get the NFL Network, or Sunday Ticket (or whatever football package your cable/satelite provider offers) or move back to Buffalo to catch the games

...I witnessed a Bills victory on my own tv in my own home.  I'm sure there are a lot of people like me--living away from WNY, don't have or can't get DirectTV.

The Bills have had precious few prime time or national games in recent years.  And what few they've had, they've lost.

This year will be really bad for tv coverage outside of WNY.  All 16 of the Bills games are at Sunday 1pm. Ripoff!

764965[/snapback]

I saw the two cincy games the past two years, and this year's ps game.

You're right about the total slate of 1 PM games. I also hope this season, I won't be treated to 10 or so *!@ Packers games, and 7 or so %^#!@ Dallas games. :doh:

I know GB has 2 Monday games. Ugh. I can't stand looking at Favre's mug.

What have they done recently to deserve a primetime game? Maybe they should put a Buffalo/San Fran game on Monday night football, that would bring in huge national ratings.

765009[/snapback]

They had the Bills - SF a couple of years ago during the Greg Williams Era and the score was Buffalo 0 SF 33 (or something close)....Doesn't matter.