I see dead people ...

Tipster19

I'm so sick and tired of hearing and reading that we don't stand a chance. It very well could go the way the general public believes, but don't think for a minute that this isn't a very dangerous game for New England. There is a few very possible scenarios that can unfold.

a) It's easier to get your timing down with defense than it is with offense. This is the first game of the year and we DO possess speed. Brady better be accurate.

b) I like that it has been so lopsided with the general consesus. You don't think that the Bills' players aren't aware that nobody on this planet gives them a chance to win? Oh by the way, I really like the way that the players have hustling and flying to the ball, haven't seen that in awhile.

c) Losman will have more success in this game than what people would ever think. I'm sure he'll make some mistakes in the game but I also believe that he will hook up on a couple/few long balls. Belichek is a great master of the secondary, but once again, we do have speed on this side of the ball also.

d) The O-line will success in this game also. I don't believe that they will be bulldozing the Patriots, but they at the same time will win their share of the battles up front. I think that this will be the first time that we realize of how much of an upgrade Fowler is over Teague. Reguardless of how successful the longball will be, it will still set up MaGahee for a big game. He should be having a field day against the Patriots 3-4 defense.

e) I have great respect for Belichek but who doesn't? I got news for you, I like our coach too, and I think our players do also. I don't know when this guy is going to get the respect from around the league that he deserves but that's ok too, the guy is no slouch. It wasn't a coincidence that he won coach of the year in '01.

I gave enough reasons for why I believe that the Bills COULD pull an upset, maybe you agree maybe you don't. I can respect that, but here it is anyways.

The game is high scoring. At first it looks like the Patriots are going to blow us out. They race out to 10-13 points while we struggle to get a fieldgoal. Brady is playing solid like usual but then he has a costly pick. During this span their run game is doing good, too good but Losman & Co do answer back with some big time plays at the right time. We are back in the game, but still behind, the score is 27 to 23 Patriots.

Now it's late 3rd quarter, spilling into the fourth, we're playing a bend but not break defense. Now here is where it gets good. Our offense, of all culpits, comes through in the clutch! Go figure. We get the lead, maybe for the first time in the whole stinking game with a Losman to Evans TD! The Bills are up by 3.

The Patriots get the ball now with about 5 minutes to go in the game. They start to feel the heat but they are home and they feel confident. They start marching, but they don't tear off any big chunks of real estate.

The Buffalo fans are sweating it big time. We have seen this before and expect it. The Patriots are inside our 25 with a first down and about a minute twenty to go. Are you ready to turn off the TV yet? I can't do it. Why? Because I live and die with the Bills, besides, this young underdog has been playing their hearts out all game and that's all I could ask of them.

I'm now prepared for what I'm about to witness. It's that same bittersweet feeling that I have had with this organization so many times before, but it's ok, I'm still willing to show some patience and look for the good out of this loss. Here it is, Brady hands off to Dillion. Dillion tries to go up the middle but gets bounced back and he tries to go off tackle but Spikes TKOs him for a minimal gain. Clocks keeps ticking, it's under a minute. Brady is back under center, takes the snap, fakes a hand off and starts looking towards the end zone. He goes to throw but instead pumps the ball once and then starts to roll outside of the pocket. He looks and throws towards the sideline to Watson. The pass is broken up, it's 3rd down and the clock is approaching the 40 second mark. Here it goes, it's almost to tough to watch. Brady, ooh if he wasn't so good I could really despise that guy, is back under center. The snap, the drop back, the LOOK! Brady pumps one way then turns the other way and lets it fly towards the corner. BLAMMO! Whitner looks like superman and he comes out of nowheres and slaps the ball harmlessly away. Whew! That was gonna be game! Oh well, here comes the fieldgoal unit for the tie. Overtime isn't so bad is it? Anything can happen right? At least we got our thrills worth. So much for all the "experts" who thought we were nothing but scrubs. We never quit! Anyways, back to the fieldgoal. They line up but at least there isn't any Vinateri. I don't know who this goober is kicking but can a miracle happen? Yeah, right. Here's the snap, the ball is put down and here is the kick but wait! Jason "Peterbuilt" Peters has done it again! The loadman has blocked a game winning fieldgoal. The Bills win a nailbiter, 30 to 27!

I'm only trying to have some fun and enjoy being hopeful. What it boils down to is it doesn't matter what the outcome is, Buffalo is my team, as it is for most of you. I do believe Buffalo could win this game, just like every game that I ever watch them play, so keep the faith, it can happen.

Go Bills!

I'm so sick and tired of hearing and reading that we don't stand a chance. It very well could go the way the general public believes, but don't think for a minute that this isn't a very dangerous game for New England.

Go Bills !

764709[/snapback]

So much analysis.

You know what you call a team that trades for Doug Gabriel and picks up Freddie Smith a week before their first game ?

A LOSER. Bills 30 Patriots 28.