Holy effing commercials

Gary M

1 big IF

765120[/snapback]

No, I mean I think abotu giving up football all the time. The commercials and advertising the stupid annoying anouncers the million commercials. These things all annoy me and why would I want to subject myself to them... I'd rather play a game of computer chess or something.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I mean I think abotu giving up football all the time. The commercials and advertising the stupid annoying anouncers the million commercials. These things all annoy me and why would I want to subject myself to them... I'd rather play a game of computer chess or something.

765123[/snapback]

or sit and post on line . :doh::P

Of course you can - since they changed the game to the point that it's like watching the Ice Follies with sticks and pucks. :doh:

765113[/snapback]

Ha Ha! Good one. Well, enjoy your NFL commercial fest and listening to Joe Thiesman all game.

I'll take the Ice Follies anyday :P

PLEASE :doh:  :P  :lol:

764577[/snapback]

What do you think pays for the game to be on TV? Would you rather cable cost $700 a month? I mean, I don't like to be bothered either, but DVR'ing is just causing advertisers to think of other ways to intrude in our lives.

What do you think pays for the game to be on TV? Would you rather cable cost $700 a month? I mean, I don't like to be bothered either, but DVR'ing is just causing advertisers to think of other ways to intrude in our lives.

765184[/snapback]

I know that is how they make money, but that was excessive last night.

The NFL is getting too greedy, and if they don't share with teams like Buffalo, I just won't watch.

765184[/snapback]

The public as a whole pays for it by buying products which sellers are willing to pay for advertising to send them there messages. I think one can pick and chose one particular point in the circle of commerce and claim that they are the ones paying for it and therefore they should be in control and kinda sorta justify this case.

However, its really a circle of buyers, advertisers, product sellers, product makers, entertainment providers, etc who are really interdependent. Its a moving dance because there is a lot of change and right now a segment of the buying population is complaining that the balance has been lost to such an extent that some of them are going to take their eyeballs elsewhere. Nobody, the sellers, manufacturers, entertainment providers, buyers etc wants that to happen.

New technology such as TIVO, DVR, etc. has allowed unprecendented control over the entertainment experience for the buyer and decisions will need to be made that are not based in simply saying that the answer to complaints is to say too bad, but to try to find a stable balance point where either everyone reaches a shared level of satisfaction or at least similar tolerable levels of dissatisfaction.

I would be right now that demand for technology is going to cause production of a method of avoiding commercials pretty quickly. It actually is this attitude of there being so many commercials and the response to complaints being someone asking who pays for it and too bad which drives this technological market and ultimately will kill football as being more than an HBOesque non-commercial endeavor.

765184[/snapback]

Don't lie to yourself.. you know full well someone in the NFL is making a *mint* off of all of the advertising.

I have begun TIVO'ing the primetime games primarily because from kickoff and into the second quarter is when I'm with my son, having dinner, giving him a bath, playing around and then putting him down for the night.

I thought I'd miss seeing the game live, but I really don't. By the time I catch up to the game live, it's middle of the fourth quarter and not only have I whipped through all the commercials AND halftime, I've managed to keep hanging with my son, who is way too active at 21 months to just sit and watch a football game with dad yet.

TIVO. It's freaking free and there are no more commercials in your primetime football life.

764929[/snapback]

Being on the west coast makes it easy. Exactly what I did last night. Tivoed and got home about 6.30 and started watching. Zoomed through the numerous commercial breaks. If I had to sit through all the commercials to watch those two douche bag teams well, ...I just would'nt. Id watch "King of Cars" or "Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares" or something with way more entertainment value. :doh:

Being on the west coast makes it easy. Exactly what I did last night. Tivoed and got home about 6.30 and started watching.  Zoomed through the numerous commercial breaks. If I had to sit through all the commercials to watch those two douche bag teams well, ...I just would'nt. Id watch "King of Cars" or "Ramseys Kitchen Nightmares" or something with way more entertainment value.  :P

765246[/snapback]

Ditto that Dante!

"... two douche bag teams..." :doh::P

If I had to sit through all the commercials to watch those two douche bag teams well, ...I just would'nt.

765246[/snapback]

I would. Especially a divisional foe. But I'm one of those odd dudes who will watch all four quarters of a Niners/Raiders game. It's the only sport I follow, and there's too much time between seasons, so I load up on every snap I can.

I would. Especially a divisional foe. But I'm one of those odd dudes who will watch all four quarters of a Niners/Raiders game. It's the only sport I follow, and there's too much time between seasons, so I load up on every snap I can.

765368[/snapback]

Im a football fan as well but its really difficult to watch these days. Especially the game last night. The Steelers, who bull$hitted thier way in the Super Bowl and Miami. I felt like I had to have a shower when it was over. eeew. So unclean.

I have begun TIVO'ing the primetime games primarily because from kickoff and into the second quarter is when I'm with my son, having dinner, giving him a bath, playing around and then putting him down for the night.

I thought I'd miss seeing the game live, but I really don't. By the time I catch up to the game live, it's middle of the fourth quarter and not only have I whipped through all the commercials AND halftime, I've managed to keep hanging with my son, who is way too active at 21 months to just sit and watch a football game with dad yet.

TIVO. It's freaking free and there are no more commercials in your primetime football life.

764929[/snapback]

That's pretty cool.

PLEASE :doh:  :P  :P

764577[/snapback]

I'm seriously debating if I should just record the game Sunady and watch it when I get home from playing Hockey around 7. I feel like I'm wasting a whole sunday afternoon watch a little football and a lot of commercials when I could watch the whole game in an hour later.

When there is a commercial, why don't you guys just dart to your computers and complain about it here in a bunch of different posts. And then whine about the Bills having to move. That's a lot more fun. And way more fun for us, too!

765551[/snapback]

Oh! But you didn't think about the fact that then the game becomes a distraction from us being on the computer. Let's face, you guys are so interesting to chat with we don't want to get up and watch the game when the commercials finally end! :doh: