Coy Wire

Thailog80

One more safety comment:

I live in Philly, and when the Eagles released their backup safety Clinton Hart, I KNEW we should've went after him. This guy started quite a few games last year (one against us) in place of Brian Dawkins and was an animal - you could hardly notice the dropoff. He would've been a huge upgrade over either Reese or Wire, and would've came relatively cheap; but I think the Chargers picked him up....

One of those low profile FA signings that might be the difference between 2-1 and 0-3, but hey, noboby ever accused TD of being too smart.

When I posted my (negative) thoughts about Coy Wire in the safety position in the pre-season, I got absolutely flamed! Where are the all Coy Wire supporters now? I have no issues with Wire on a special teams...but as a starting safety, he does not have "it"...the "it" being the instincts to play the position...sorry guys, but you cannot teach instincts.

When I posted my (negative) thoughts about Coy Wire in the safety position in the pre-season, I got absolutely flamed!  Where are the all Coy Wire supporters now?  I have no issues with Wire on a special teams...but as a starting safety, he does not have "it"...the "it" being the instincts to play the position...sorry guys, but you cannot teach instincts.

55243[/snapback]

You didnt get flamed as bad as Coy did.